Finally pulled the trigger on an Emerson

I just ordered a mini horseman. My largest blade is the Sebenza 25, but it's lacking something that I've been wanting in a larger folder. "The bad boy factor". CRK's are great all around knives. Fit and finish is second to none on all CRKs. But I've always wanted an Emerson knife. I carry a pistol daily to work, but there are times when my piece is out of reach or quick to draw. I'm not sure if I could count on a sebenza to protect myself with. My work place is not in the best part of town and I would feel safer that I have a few options to arm myself.
We'll I'm excited to finally join the club. I will post pics upon arrival. Meantime, will some you post pics of your horseman.

A Horseman was my first Emerson also, very nice knife. The wave ROCKS!

I found mine a tad small, but I tend to like larger knives (4" or so) so that day I bought a regular CQC8, and for me it was perfect. Has been my favorite knife for ages.

Also bought a Super CQC8, it was cool but a little large. Traded it but should have kept it, and now I have a Super Commander so the "Super" Emerson role is filled.

Enjoy your Horseman, and welcome to the club!

You'll get badness and a whole lot more.
Welcome.
You need a 7 and a Commander, to be in the club.
rolf

Congrats on purchasing what is, IMO, one of the most ergonomic blades out there.

The handle literally melts into my hand.

You're going to love it! Excellent ergos and that blade shape is just as useful as it is intimidating...

Me too, especially the recent variant like the last few pictures. I love the newer more prominent wave.

Nice edge grownstar, did you do that manually with stones or use a system like the Wicked Edge??

~John

Hi guys I'm pretty new to this forum. I just ordered my first Emerson the other day the Horseman as well. Expecting delivery tomorrow from knifeworks. Pretty excited.

yull be more excited tomorrow when you open the box.
Welcome.
rolf

Hi guys I'm pretty new to this forum. I just ordered my first Emerson the other day the Horseman as well. Expecting delivery tomorrow from knifeworks. Pretty excited.

That's where I purchased mine. Great deal! Was expecting delivery yesterday, but never showed. Should be in the mailbox when I get home.

It's very interesting to note people being attracted to the horseman'a unique looking shape and design. Same happened with me, and I now have a horseman, a mini a100 and cqc10. Enjoy the knives in good health!

Finally arrived. The USPS tracking said it was suppose to deliver on Wednesday, but didn't make it to my mailbox till this morning. WOW! Is what comes to mind. The fit and finish on mine is great! It is stiff and the liner lock was very early. With a few openings with the wave and the liner lock has shifted over. It is also not as stiff. This knife will break in well. Love this knife.

Last edited:
Just stripped it down and cleaned it. Lubed it up with some CRK grease and it is smooth and feels like it is on ball bearings. Almost hydraulic like. Still a tad stiff though, but should wear in real nice. No gritty feeling whatsoever. By far the easiest take down and reassemble knife.

Third day of carry. Look how dirty. Factory grease. All grit gone.

Last edited:
Back