1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Finally pulled the trigger on an Emerson

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Xdm9mili, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    I just ordered a mini horseman. My largest blade is the Sebenza 25, but it's lacking something that I've been wanting in a larger folder. "The bad boy factor". CRK's are great all around knives. Fit and finish is second to none on all CRKs. But I've always wanted an Emerson knife. I carry a pistol daily to work, but there are times when my piece is out of reach or quick to draw. I'm not sure if I could count on a sebenza to protect myself with. My work place is not in the best part of town and I would feel safer that I have a few options to arm myself.
    We'll I'm excited to finally join the club. I will post pics upon arrival. Meantime, will some you post pics of your horseman.

2. dasknife

dasknife

Sep 26, 2012
    The Horseman is a cool blade, congrats on joining the club.

3. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Actually I just bought my fifth Horseman last night. Good choice.

4. jmclfrsh

jmclfrsh Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 1, 2012
    A Horseman was my first Emerson also, very nice knife. The wave ROCKS!

I found mine a tad small, but I tend to like larger knives (4" or so) so that day I bought a regular CQC8, and for me it was perfect. Has been my favorite knife for ages.

Also bought a Super CQC8, it was cool but a little large. Traded it but should have kept it, and now I have a Super Commander so the "Super" Emerson role is filled.

Enjoy your Horseman, and welcome to the club!

5. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    You'll get badness and a whole lot more.
    Welcome.
    You need a 7 and a Commander, to be in the club.
    rolf

6. Mike8008

Mike8008

Apr 1, 2012
    Congrats on purchasing what is, IMO, one of the most ergonomic blades out there.

The handle literally melts into my hand.

7. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    No pics!

8. Mike8008

Mike8008

Apr 1, 2012
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. grownstar

grownstar

Apr 24, 2013
    You're going to love it! Excellent ergos and that blade shape is just as useful as it is intimidating...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. TMCGLASSON36

TMCGLASSON36

Jul 23, 2006
    The Horseman is one of my favorites!
    [​IMG]

11. Officer's Match

Jan 23, 2013
    Me too, especially the recent variant like the last few pictures. I love the newer more prominent wave.

12. jmorton10

jmorton10

Apr 5, 2014
    Nice edge grownstar, did you do that manually with stones or use a system like the Wicked Edge??

~John

13. Budaflash

Budaflash

Feb 24, 2014
    Hi guys I'm pretty new to this forum. I just ordered my first Emerson the other day the Horseman as well. Expecting delivery tomorrow from knifeworks. Pretty excited.

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    yull be more excited tomorrow when you open the box.
    Welcome.
    rolf

15. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    That's where I purchased mine. Great deal! Was expecting delivery yesterday, but never showed. Should be in the mailbox when I get home.

16. choombak

choombak Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 6, 2009
    It's very interesting to note people being attracted to the horseman'a unique looking shape and design. Same happened with me, and I now have a horseman, a mini a100 and cqc10. Enjoy the knives in good health!

17. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    Finally arrived. The USPS tracking said it was suppose to deliver on Wednesday, but didn't make it to my mailbox till this morning. WOW! Is what comes to mind. The fit and finish on mine is great! It is stiff and the liner lock was very early. With a few openings with the wave and the liner lock has shifted over. It is also not as stiff. This knife will break in well. Love this knife.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  18. Officer's Match

Jan 23, 2013
    Congrats, like the serial number too. :cool:

19. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    Just ordered a 9mm brass thumb disc.

20. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    Just stripped it down and cleaned it. Lubed it up with some CRK grease and it is smooth and feels like it is on ball bearings. Almost hydraulic like. Still a tad stiff though, but should wear in real nice. No gritty feeling whatsoever. By far the easiest take down and reassemble knife.

[​IMG]

Third day of carry. Look how dirty. Factory grease. All grit gone.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014