1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Finally pulled the trigger on an Emerson

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by Xdm9mili, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Saw your name posting in the thread and thought sure I'd be seeing a 9mm thumbdisk.

2. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    Oh I have one in the mail. I'll post a pic once installed. I am looking for a custom pocket clip now. Then a custom pivot bolt.

3. Akapennypincher

Akapennypincher

Sep 12, 2013
    I wish you had posted a step by step disassemble, reassembly photos to show how you did the disassemble, and reassemble.

4. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    Just got my 9mm thumb disc. Got it on the bay for under $7 shipped. Put some blue loctite and it's good the go.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Noice!
    That 9mm is a bad boy.

6. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    Thanks for the compliment. Check this 9!

[​IMG]

7. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    I love the STR clip on my horseman, can't recommend it enough.

[​IMG][/URL]

8. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    There are videos on youtube that show the step by step process which would probably be easier to follow than pictures. Honestly though, Emersons are so easy if you can work a flat head and a Philips screw driver you're good to go. Just go slow and easy on the screws so they don't strip or cross thread.

9. Xdm9mili

Xdm9mili

Mar 7, 2014
    I really like the wave feature. Wonder if the deep carry clip would affect the opening?

10. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Xdm- Thanks, man. You are all set.
    Nice...
    rolf

11. MrPocketsOfSteel

MrPocketsOfSteel

Mar 13, 2012
    Good for you Xdm9mili! :thumbup: Your first Emerson is a great feeling everyone here knows about. Use it in good health and I will warn you what they warned me (and I didn't understand it then) - - - it won't be your last. Mark it down. Because I didn't buy such nonsense but they all were correctamundo. ;-)

12. MrPocketsOfSteel

MrPocketsOfSteel

Mar 13, 2012
    HaHa!! Ernie needs to put you on payroll. You know how many times I would read a post of yours Rolf that was simply "you need a Seven"? Quite a lot pal. I thought there may be some type of subliminal programming going down. This guy keeps saying to anyone that will listen " you need a Seven".......well of course my first Emerson was a daggone 7. And I am now glad it was. ;-)

13. cncpro11

cncpro11

May 28, 2012
    I needs to pop off a few hollow points so I can make some of those.

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    lol! Thank you, SteelPocket!!
    ;)

15. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I have a Benchmade deep carry clip on my 10 which is not quite as deep as the STR one on fq55's Horseman. The only way I could see them being an issue is because there's not as much knife sticking out to grab on to. No problems for me.