Finally pulled the trigger on an Emerson

Just stripped it down and cleaned it. Lubed it up with some CRK grease and it is smooth and feels like it is on ball bearings. Almost hydraulic like. Still a tad stiff though, but should wear in real nice. No gritty feeling whatsoever. By far the easiest take down and reassemble knife.

Third day of carry. Look how dirty. Factory grease. All grit gone.

I wish you had posted a step by step disassemble, reassembly photos to show how you did the disassemble, and reassemble.

Just got my 9mm thumb disc. Got it on the bay for under $7 shipped. Put some blue loctite and it's good the go.

Oh I have one in the mail. I'll post a pic once installed. I am looking for a custom pocket clip now. Then a custom pivot bolt.

I love the STR clip on my horseman, can't recommend it enough.

DSC00127_zpsac82186d.jpg
[/URL]

I wish you had posted a step by step disassemble, reassembly photos to show how you did the disassemble, and reassemble.

There are videos on youtube that show the step by step process which would probably be easier to follow than pictures. Honestly though, Emersons are so easy if you can work a flat head and a Philips screw driver you're good to go. Just go slow and easy on the screws so they don't strip or cross thread.

Good for you Xdm9mili! :thumbup: Your first Emerson is a great feeling everyone here knows about. Use it in good health and I will warn you what they warned me (and I didn't understand it then) - - - it won't be your last. Mark it down. Because I didn't buy such nonsense but they all were correctamundo. ;-)

You'll get badness and a whole lot more.
Welcome.
You need a 7 and a Commander, to be in the club.
rolf

HaHa!! Ernie needs to put you on payroll. You know how many times I would read a post of yours Rolf that was simply "you need a Seven"? Quite a lot pal. I thought there may be some type of subliminal programming going down. This guy keeps saying to anyone that will listen " you need a Seven".......well of course my first Emerson was a daggone 7. And I am now glad it was. ;-)

I really like the wave feature. Wonder if the deep carry clip would affect the opening?

I have a Benchmade deep carry clip on my 10 which is not quite as deep as the STR one on fq55's Horseman. The only way I could see them being an issue is because there's not as much knife sticking out to grab on to. No problems for me.

Back