Firefox Rules!

Discussion in 'Community Center' started by Ken C., Feb 12, 2005.

1. AJ

AJ

Oct 4, 1998
    Took the advice of all you "sharp" members today and made the switch to Firefox this afternoon. So far, I really like it. Quite fast. Very easy to configure. Glad I took the plunge.

AJ

2. zfox

zfox

Jan 4, 2004
    I also installed it today. Easy as a hot knife thru ... ;)

Thanks Ken!
    Julian

3. yam

yam

Sep 17, 2003
    If you guys like Firefox, you'd probably like the e-mail program they have too .... Mozilla Thunderbird. It has a very good built in, easy to use spam filter. It's a pretty darn good stand alone mail client IMHO.

Oh yeah, I like Firefox too.

4. AmadeusM

AmadeusM Banned by Moderators Banned

Jul 1, 2004

I'm sorry..I was salivating at your avatar..what was that you were saying? :D

5. d37fan

d37fan

Sep 21, 2004
    Have been using Firefox for a while and I have only had one problem and the Mozillazine Forum was a great help. For the newbies to Firefox that comes in the bookmarks area. BYE-BYE Microsoft. :barf:

6. JD Mandrell

JD Mandrell Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    Anyone know how to import my bookmarks from Opera to Firefox????

7. Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Dec 19, 2000
    In Firefox, try going to File | Import and go from there. It should let you choose Opera and import the bookmarks.

8. Fisher of Men

Fisher of Men Banned by Moderators Banned

Feb 22, 2005
    Best Browser Ever.

I've been using it for over a year now. I love it. And yes, Internet Explorer does stink.

:)

I use the following extensions:

Forecast Fox
    IEView
    AdBlock
    Download Manager Tweak
    Disable Targets in Downloads

Adblock is the best ever.

9. JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    No mine only let's me choose I.E. or "file" and I can't seem to find which file.

I have been using it about an hour and already love it!

10. Psychopomp

Psychopomp

Feb 21, 2005
    I used Internet Explorer for years. When I got a new computer it came preinstalled with Netscape and I hated that piece of crap with a passion, so I went back to IE.

About six months ago, I said "hey, this Firefox thing looks pretty nifty, I'll give it a whirl." Haven't opened IE since.

11. zfox

zfox

Jan 4, 2004
    HI LC,
    if you still have Opera, open it and see if you can Export the bookmarks to IE. Then import that file into Foxfire. (Good move! It's the only one I use now.)
    Hope that helps,
    Julian

12. Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Dec 19, 2000
    You also could export the Opera bookmarks as a file (File | Import and Export), either HTML or whatever else it wants. That should be able to be imported into Firefox.

Which versions of Opera and Firefox do you have? Maybe you noted it above, but I just hopped back into this thread last night.

13. Danbo

Danbo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 28, 1999
    Ok, maybe this has been covered before, but where do I get this Firefox browser? Can somebody add a link?

14. JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
  15. JD Mandrell

Apr 20, 2001
    My version of Opera doesn't have an "export" option, I guess I am gonna have to transfer them one at a time as I need them.

16. PhilL

PhilL

Oct 1, 1999
    I jumped on the Firefox bandwagon and I liked it quite a bit, but then started running into problems. For one I was getting some real strange looking pages here on BFC. Different people's avatars started appearing all over th place and other wierd stuff. Someone suggested clearing the cache, and I did and it cleared it up for a bit, but then got wierd again. I have since gone back to Safari as my main browser.

17. Blackwatch

Blackwatch

Dec 19, 2000
    Phil,

The same stuff happens to me on this forum, in Firefox. I just Ctrl + F5 (hard refresh) and it usually gets into some kinda better order. Glad to hear it isn't just me, though.

18. PhilL

PhilL

Oct 1, 1999
    Blackwatch, are you on a Mac? I tried Control + F5 and nothing happened. I looked through the menus and Firefox Preferences and saw nothing about hard refresh. Funny though I haven't had Firefox open for a while and the BFC pages look just fine. :confused:

19. Deadhead Archer

Deadhead Archer

Sep 11, 2002
    Although Firefox isn't as heavily targetted for security risks as Microsoft products are, that doesn't mean that vulnerabilities still don't exist for certain versions:

Bottom line is that you still need to keep security concerns in perspective no matter what browser you use.

20. Ryan8

Ryan8

May 9, 2005
    We're going to be seeing a lot more as time goes on. They Mozilla organization offers $500 for anyone who find a new serious security problem. The source code is available to everyone.

But the big security advantages over Microsoft -

• The Mozilla Organization has quickly worked to correct security problems. Microsoft has often dragged their feet for a long time until users actually get screwed over.
    • No ActiveX, a major source of spyware.
    • So far there really hasn't been any exploitation of Firefox's vulnerabilities. This could change as it becomes more popular.
    • It's not part of your $%#@ operating system so you can uninstall it if necessary.

Amen.