First adventure in the woods with my gals

donscpoo

Gold Member
I bought a pair of EDC2 for my gals when they were 1 and 2 yo. Hoping that they can carry it and follow me into the woods one day. This dream finally came true today.

They are very excited to carry the knife I bought for them for this short hike.

52861171213_078c108a2e_c.jpg

52861171208_ac0512b8f0_c.jpg

CPK brand ambassador wannabe with an unique fashion sense.

Daddy’s trusty carry when it comes to bush whacking - LC with FK2. LC is my favorite tool for clearing path in the secondary forest. Lightning fast in the hand and doesn’t wear me out in the humid weather.

52860150027_5c676487ab_c.jpg

Family of CPK
52861171198_fa56c0e2e3_c.jpg

The tallest tree in the area. It spans about 6-8 floors high. The trunk at the base is almost 2m wide.
52861424238_786c704e4d_c.jpg

Last edited:
Cute kids rocking it in the forest!
Younger to the elder: you think if we smile enough for the camera, Dad will take us back to the nice air conditioned room sooner?
Yes, they were completely wasted after the walk. Although it was just a 30min walk, my shirt was all wet under the warm and humid weather. They were begging for cold drinks after the walk.

I bought a pair of EDC2 for my gals when they were 1 and 2 yo. Hoping that they can carry it and follow me into the woods one day. This dream finally came true today.

They are very excited to carry the knife I bought for them for this short hike.

52861171213_078c108a2e_c.jpg

52861171208_ac0512b8f0_c.jpg

CPK brand ambassador wannabe with a unique fashion sense.

Daddy’s trusty carry when it comes to bush whacking - LC with FK2. LC is my favorite tool for clearing path in the secondary forest. Lightning fast in the hand and doesn’t wear me out in the humid weather.

52860150027_5c676487ab_c.jpg

Family of CPK
52861171198_fa56c0e2e3_c.jpg

The tallest tree in the area. It spans about 6-8 floors high. The trunk at the base is almost 2m wide.
52861424238_786c704e4d_c.jpg
Love it!

This is awesome man, love it! I have many fond memories of taking to the woods with my daughter, she's nine now and we have plenty more years of it to come but those early life explorations when everything was new and exciting to her were the best. Enjoy!

Good stuff, donscpoo donscpoo ! Lucky little girls. I hope you are able to get one or both to embrace your love of the outdoors. My eldest has rejected my love of the woods and multi day hikes. There’s still hope for my younger son though.
I hope both will love the outdoors when they grow up. We live in a city so many kids of their age have never gone into a forest like this before. We are surrounded by well maintained nature with nice walk way.

Cool :)

And finally the EDC2 makes sense to me .... always wondered what to do with such a small knife :)

Where are you ?
This is a small remain of a forest behind my house in Singapore.

Yeah, EDC2 makes a good knife for the kid to start out. I gave them some knife handling safety lesson before the walk and during the walk. Nowadays, many people cannot handle a knife safely due to lack of exposure and education from young. Their mum was really nervous when I let the gals carry their own knife for the walk.

This is a small remain of a forest behind my house in Singapore.

Yeah, EDC2 makes a good knife for the kid to start out. I gave them some knife handling safety lesson before the walk and during the walk. Nowadays, many people cannot handle a knife safely due to lack of exposure and education from young. Their mum was really nervous when I let the gals carry their own knife for the walk.

You are doing the right thing .... beautiful small country you are in; only been there once over a free week-end, other than flying through. Been many times in Penang for work, though. Great people, great food.

You are doing the right thing .... beautiful small country you are in; only been there once over a free week-end, other than flying through. Been many times in Penang for work, though. Great people, great food.
Penang is a nice place. I love the food there. They also produce some of the best durian. Their durian is seldom exported so one needs to be there during the right season to taste it.

Well dang. Now I'm hungry for some prawn (Hokkien/Haa) mee.

Tried the Penang version first. Loved it! Got to try the Singaporean version on a different trip. "What's this? It's sweet, not savory. I ordered the prawn mee". "Oh, you must be thinking of Penang/Malaysian style prawn mee. This is the Singaporean style prawn mee". ☹️

Love this post! I have 2 girls as well, 6 and 4 years old. We will be doing a lot of camping this year and now you've got me thinking its time to get them a matching pair of blades!
The blade will turn on their mission instinct the moment they wear it on their hip. They must have seen you with your blade before. My gals always see me with my blades. It’s an instant turn on for them to be able to carry a knife like daddy.

Back