First close up Look,New Kershaw: Thermite #3880 (SPANTO INSIDE!)

Not for me. I like the design, but I won't buy a Chinese knife. Too many things that I have to buy Chinese of necessity; I won't buy Chinese by choice. Plus, too many KAI products that are great that AREN'T made in China.

Not for me. I like the design, but I won't buy a Chinese knife. Too many things that I have to buy Chinese of necessity; I won't buy Chinese by choice. Plus, too many KAI products that are great that AREN'T made in China.
More power to ya but i'll support Kershaw China made or USA made

Are these made in mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore? Not the same, although all ethnically Chinese.

Love the design but wisk they were making a manual version with KVT at the same time, I much prefer manuals.

Since Singapore and Taiwan are different and distinct countries, it's likely that they would be marked as made in those countries if they were.

Also, what does it matter?

what does it matter?

Words from a wise guy :p your 100% right, it doesn't matter... Some people are just like that, where I would even like to see some higher quality steels from China, such as S30V or ZDP, to lower the cost a little bit, but I know the general consensus would disagree. So I just Fuggetaboutit and enjoy the 8CR :)

The more I look at this one the more I want it. I've pre-ordered a 566 but might have to pick one of these up also. Hopefully the Thermite comes out before the 566

So I preordered the thermite a while back, just curious if anyone had any idea when they would start shipping...I'm not saying I'm impatient, but I am

I think I heard sometime between may and august

Hopefully its closer to may because I thought the 566 was supposed to be out this summer and I would like a little time between release of the thermite and 566 to get to use one before the other is out

Okay, this knife looks amazing! The China thing worries me a bit, but I may preorder it. Any comments on the quality of the Chinese kershaws?

I wouldn't let the "Made in China" thing worry you. These shouldn't be confused with the cheap-o throwaway products typically associated with Chinese manufacturing. The country's manufacturers are certainly capable of producing good quality stuff if that's what they're being tasked and paid to do. While I do have an affinity for the US-made Kershaws, I do have a number of their Chinese made ones as well. They are well made, and I haven't had any issues with the ones I've gotten.

Last edited:
Yup. Sometime it's upsetting to look at my "cheap Chinese" Kershaw Clash serrated knife because it's lockup is perfect and blade could not be more center and that's more than I can say for some knives. That being said my SS Volt's blade came slightly off center, but this can happen with USA quality control aswell. It's not like different equipment is being used to manufacture the imported knives as far I know and we're in the day and age where steel is so damn good, calling 8cr13mov poor would be silly.

Back