First multitool

Something lightweight that has just the basics- scissors, a main knife, phillips head and flat head screwdriver, a bottle and can opener. Tweezers could be nice too, if it's a SAK, but it's not necessary.

From the ones I can personally recommend you've got a few choices. If we look at SAKs then a Victorinox Super Tinker would be OK but I do prefer the in-line Phillips found on the Explorer. Also look at Wenger with the Evo 16.

Going on to MTs and the LM Juice S2 you listed fits the bill nicely. The LM Fuse is an excellent tool but it's much to large for comfortable pocket carry IMO. Same story with the Gerber MP400, good tool but I wear mine in a belt pouch or keep it in my bag, never a pocket.

As chief spokesman for the Association of Internet Randoms (AIR), I wish to add another perspective.
Although it is a good idea to get a hands on evaluation of whatever candidate EDC items interest you, there is only so much you can learn from a brief fondle. It can be quite easy to get seduced by one or another model because they're all pretty swell. Chances are, you will be satisfied by whatever you choose. However, there is also a possibility of unforeseen issues with a tool that doesn't fully meet your needs. That's where advice from us AIRheads comes in. Not all will be on point, but some of us just may have found the right model for particular purposes that might be similar to yours, or a heads up about those that don't. That could be helpful information and you can ignore the rest. We don't mind. There's plenty more advice where that came from, and someday you might be adding to it. :D

To a certain degree, I agree with you. But sadly I see people getting advice on great products, buying them and leaving them at home. A balance between suggestions and trying something is needed.
It would actually be good if you could take the tools for a spin and see how you like them, but I don't think that's possible.

Back