1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

First multitool

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by TheUSMC2017, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Gareth UK

Gareth UK

Apr 6, 2006
    From the ones I can personally recommend you've got a few choices. If we look at SAKs then a Victorinox Super Tinker would be OK but I do prefer the in-line Phillips found on the Explorer. Also look at Wenger with the Evo 16.

Going on to MTs and the LM Juice S2 you listed fits the bill nicely. The LM Fuse is an excellent tool but it's much to large for comfortable pocket carry IMO. Same story with the Gerber MP400, good tool but I wear mine in a belt pouch or keep it in my bag, never a pocket.

2. styx

styx

Apr 21, 2010
    To a certain degree, I agree with you. But sadly I see people getting advice on great products, buying them and leaving them at home. A balance between suggestions and trying something is needed.
    It would actually be good if you could take the tools for a spin and see how you like them, but I don't think that's possible.