First Spyderco.I'm hooked (Endura4)

Mailman dropped it off today and all I can say is "wow".. This is the sweetest,smoothest,coolest folder I've ever had..Its also a nice full size 3.75 blade...Is 43 yrs old,, too old to be a Spydy addict?
CD

I also recently just got a blue Endura 4, and a orange Delica. My only other Spyderco is a Wally World Native, so my inexpensive Spyderco collection is set now.

Blue Endura 4 was my 1st Spyderco.
Led to 5 more.
Military camo/blk s30v
Sage 1 (lost it) :(
Sage 2
Para 2 M390/Blue G10 (lost it) :(
Military M390/CF
Not ONE has had a factory flaw and each have come razor sharp.
The s30v military has been carried and used ALOT and only seems to get better each time.

I just received my First Spyderco this past week, a Resilience. What a great knife, I have been carrying it as my EDC for testing in that role (yes its a little big). Overall impressions of Spyderco have been amazing great quality (even in a Chinese made blade) it arrived sharp but not sharp enough for me so I had a good friend put a nice sharp edge on her. I am wanting to change the clip location but I don't have or I can't find the right bit to do so, I am thinking I need a number 5 Torex bit but there is not one place locally that stocks the individual bit without buying the whole set.

there is no age limit for Spydies.

except the Dodo. you have to be under 30 to own that. I dont know why it's just the rules.

No age limit buddy! Just wait til you pick up a Paramilitary 2. Then you'll really get bit lol

Don't worry about the age factor. I'm 65 and I went from two Spydercos (an old Delica and an older Endura) to a total of 17 Spydercos in the last four months alone. The last one arrived in the mail a couple of days ago - a new Endura 4 with green handles.

just got the ffg plain zdp 189. great edge. i just hope seki keeps making ffg zdp 189s. i plan to get more.

I've been carrying it since the mailman dropped it off..For its size,I can't belive how light it is..I carry a lot of stuff in my pockets and the lighter weight IS noticeable...It carries like a smaller blade..
I don't understand why the Para2 has such a huge following compared to the Endura..The Endura has a larger blade..3.75 vs 3-7/16 on the Para2..?? They appear to be very simular knives with the Endura being a touch bigger.Maybe I'm missing something?
CD

So what are you getting next? I would recommend the delica:) I have a grey one it is one of my favorite Edc knives

43 too old to be a spydie addict? BAH just means now you can afford to get more, and appreciate them more.

Nice! It was really the Delica that hooked me, so I know what you're talking about :D

I especially love that they're really going FFG with everything. IMHO, I really don't see the point in going with anything else on their average folders.

The Endura is one heck of a knife. If it is the last Spyderco you get, you won't be disappointed!

Delica4 should be in my mail box within the next couple days..I went black,plain edge , saberground...Read a few reviews, and they say the plain edge saber grind is better on the Delica model..Theres plenty of meat on the Endura for FFG but the saber grind is thicker /more durable on the Delica..I don't know, thats what some say so I ordered the sabergrind to be on the safe side...The way its going I'll be getting several more of these Spyde knives anyway..
CD

the delica has a far better blade profile than the endura, IMHO. the endura is too straight at the belly area and the rounding-off at the spine near the tip for greater durability is more obvious. the delica is a classic shape. i'd even want a fixed blade version.

Back