1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 21 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Megatherium!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives Megatherium, Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, May 25; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

First Swamp Rat..

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Reign, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Actually, its my first Swamp Rat and my first quality fixed blade.

Purchased a Ratmandu CG a few days ago in Muddy/Tan Canvas. Looking forward to it!

I started leatherworking a little while back and working on a design for a sheath for the Ratmandu. Should be fun.

2. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    Great choice! RMD was my gateway drug to this addiction also.

3. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Love the RMD...the only thing I might want different is thicker scales; but, somehow, I've never ordered one with liners.

4. FloridaBlade

FloridaBlade

Mar 10, 2015
    Welcome to the dark side! :thumbup:

5. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    You got one of, if not the, best blades extant. I've got a lot of blades, but this one is my go-to.

6. ragnerok

ragnerok

Oct 25, 2008
    Congrats on a greath knife, looking foreward to seeing your sheath work.:thumbup:

7. MacLaren1

MacLaren1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 15, 2014
    Man.....i just cannot believe what Ive missed lol....i was late to the Spyderco party when all those wonderdul Miliatry Sprints were released......now Im late to the Busse party missing the Hell Razor, ASH,TankBuster, and WTF!!!
    (War Train Fusion) ;)
    And prolly many many more that I would have wanted.
    Of course all is not lost, thanx to the generosity of a fellow Rat, I was able to secure a Ratweiler. And also scored a RMD.
    Maybe Busse will offer those mentioned again sometime.

8. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    If you have your heart really set on a certain model, contact Busse directly and see if anyone has bailed on an order. Someone mentioned in the Busse forum that even though they are showing sold out, that there has been so much going on with Operation Two Weeks, that there is the possibility of a small number of extras due to order changes and unforeseen circumstances. Even if there are none available, I believe they are establishing a list for 'next in line.' Of course, trust but verify, I'm telling you what I think I remember........ :)

And congrats to the OP BTW! :thumbup:

Gotta love muddy and tan!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  9. Hindsight

Hindsight Moderator Moderator

Dec 8, 2011
    Congrats on the first.

10. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Thanks guys!

Yeah that is pretty HK

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Thanks man. I'd like to see your sheath build when you get it done, too.

12. RABII

RABII Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2010
    In agreement with all of the above posts. The RMD in all of its' variations is second to none.

13. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Ill definitely post some pictures up when it arrives.

I also just purchased a Ratweiler CG 1/4" in Muddy/Tan on the exchange. I might be developing a problem.

14. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    You're going to have a couple of nice, matching blades there man. I've got a twin to that RW and love it.

15. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    HAHAHAHA!!!

I bought RMD some 5-6 years ago, it was my first Bussekin blade... Now I don't know on which side of a 100 of Bussekin I'm on... there are 5 different RMD flavors in there and I'm waiting on 2 more now...

16. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    I've got the RMD in a few flavors, as well...and I periodically have to fight the urge to add another when the occasional good deal pops up on the Exchange. (I don't remember how many I have - I want to say it's either 13 or 15...of which I think 2 are users. Don't judge me; I felt that I needed a couple of spares, just in case)

17. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Yeah, i saw it in the pic thread i think....absolutely love that combo.

Yep, thats what im afraid of. LOL

Hey now, i wont judge you if you dont judge me. Im working on catching up to you guys...hate being late to the party! ;)

18. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Elof has a pretty big jump on a bunch of us. I'll throw my humble collection out there and see if we can bait him into any pictures ;)

Or Magoo, maybe we can fire him up.....and Ian has a 'few', not to mention Andy. Heck, half the stuff SRKW has produced is down under it seems. :)

I wish I'd had my other two RWs for this shot, and I've got a few more RMDs stashed in bugout bags that I missed. At least they'll be there until needed :)

[​IMG]

19. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Those were my first three
    [​IMG]

As far as what I 'need' for my uses, I probably could have stopped right there...

20. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Yep, those would handle about anything between the three. I found a green warden in a green digicam neck sheath stashed in the sock drawer. It was almost like Christmas.