1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

First Swamp Rat..

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by Reign, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Man...those are all so nice looking. Time for a second job....

2. cut it out

cut it out Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2010
  3. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Ring o' RMDs
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure I've only received 2 since that picture was taken (honestly, I'm not even sure I got the second one; now that I think about it. I'm going to have to look tomorrow.)

4. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  5. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Pic doesn't load here, but the link works.
    Not bad at all! Did you make a welt (hard to say from the pic)?

6. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Yes, there is a welt. I made the pattern a little too large so its got quite a bit of extra room. realized this as soon as I started wet forming it. Overall it will do its job. it can be hung on my belt a number of different ways. I didn't want to pigeon hole myself and not be able to adapt it to other things I might be carrying.

7. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005

8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    congrats
    i remember my first one

HRLM

9. argyle1812

argyle1812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Reading this thread has made me a believer as well. Just put down the order for a Ratmandu CG in Desert Sage with Tan handles. This is my first Swamp Rat. Should match up well with my 711 though :)

10. Reign

Reign

Mar 19, 2016
    Awesome man....im happy with the Ratweiler i picked up off the exchange....im sure well both be happy with The Ratmandus we get shortly.

11. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice combo. I've got that on an RMD and it is pretty sweet.

12. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    That was exactly my first Bussekin. The RMD is a great gateway drug. Although, I would think the 711 would be, too.

13. argyle1812

argyle1812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Anybody recommend a good kydex sheath for the RMD? Preferably with horizontal carry in mind.

14. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Eric Lind (Mashed Cat), Dave Brown (Buy Brown), Al Welke (Azwelke) and Ronnie Hale (Hale Storm) all frequent here and are excellent benders, more than capable if you want to scout carry.

ETA: Dwayne Puckett (Leatherman) makes an X-back leather sheath for scout carry. I don't have one of his, but his reputation here speaks for itself.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016