Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Gifted that one plus a couple of Moras to my younger Brother who's into salmon fishing by the No. Cal river property. He absolutely luvs 'em :thumbsup:

Good to see you around here Kyle :)

I’m always lurking! I’ve been working so much the last few months I haven’t been able to really get out and I certainly haven’t been able to put my CPK’s to use. I see everything though :D

This guy was fishing last night...

7KUr3ID.gif

Once I get back from the trip I will do up a good trip report with photos! We need @Nathan the Machinist to make a Benchmade Altitude style blade in AEBL or D2 for us weight conscious caping people

I know you're still preparing for the hunt, but when I saw you mention it in the picture thread I was like heck yeah brother! That would be a once in a lifetime hunt for me here. It's one and done IF you don't die before you draw on sheep, moose and goat. As far as a light weight integral in AEBL or D2...… :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It’s lobster ‘mini season’ down here in FL, and the bugs seem to be crawling around pretty good this year. We fell a little short of limiting out today, but I’m stoked to have grabbed this Slipper lobster along with all the spiny lobster. Haven’t seen one in a few years.
8D83F016-BE21-45DD-9A01-2888087E21E7.jpeg

Here is the kit list so far; may get refined a bit more. Trying to keep the weight under 65lbs plus rifle:

Exo K2 5500
Mountain Hardware Hunker 1
Nemo x Firstlite Scout 30
Sea to Summit Comfort Plus
Siltarp 2

Garmin InReach Explorer+
Compass
Waterproof map
Tags
Casio Pathfinder

MSR Reactor Stove with extra canister
Spoon
Sawyer Squeeze with fast fill adapter
Hydrapak 3L
HC canteen and cup
Aquatabs
10x days food (main meal and food bags)

1 set of worn clothes (tbd on setup)
2x socks
1x spare boxers
Sitka Core lightweight bottoms
Helly Hansen Lifa Warm top
Sitka Core Heavyweight Hoodie
Kifaru Lost Park Parka
HH Impertech rubber top and bottom
OR Croc gaiters
Scarpa Grand Dru boots
Wool fingerless gloves
Mechanix fast fit leathers
Touque
Ballhat or boonie
Smith Elite sunglasses
Crocs

Kill kit
Headlamp w/spare batts
Game Bags
Lighters/matches
Sharpener
Outdoor Edge replaceable
Carothers FK
First Aid kit
Baby wipes
TP
Leki Cork Lite poles

Browning XBolt 30-06
8x 178gr ELD-X
6x 220gr bear stoppers
VX-3 3.5-10x40 in one piece Talleys
Leupold Mk4 12-40x60 spotter
Promaster 525 Carbon
Suriu VA5 panhead
Vortex Talon HD 10x42

This redheaded stepchild has wormed its way into my pack as well. I grumble every time I look at the thing, but it works.

I'm curious how you are going to manage your 220 grain vs 178 grain loads, i.e. carry a full mag of 220s to be removed when the 178s are needed?

Ya the OE is very unattractive and not a real knife but for its purpose it works.

For the ammo, I carry 3x4rnd mags so camp and hike in/ out the 220s are loaded; actual sheep portion just swap mags

Ya the OE is very unattractive and not a real knife but for its purpose it works.

For the ammo, I carry 3x4rnd mags so camp and hike in/ out the 220s are loaded; actual sheep portion just swap mags

Cool. I didn't realize the xbolt had a drop mag. Easy peasy :thumbsup:

Yeah, as the owner of a resharp facility, I was diametrically opposed to that OE. But I agree, it has its place. Even if you carry it just as a loaner it's worth it. Keeps me from losing friends if I look over and see them abusing my good knife :D

Back