Fixed blade AFCK? Try the Scrap Yard Street Scrapper!

So, my Scrap Yard Street Scrapper came in today, and validated what I had thought when I first saw it... It's practically a fixed blade AFCK in shape! Feels very comfy in the hand, and I'm really thrilled to have my first piece of INFI!

AFCKSS4Medium.jpg

What I don't understand is first we have Busse, then there's Swamp Rat which is sort of a more affordable version of Busse. Then you get Scrapyard, which is supposed to be the most affordable of them all, by supposedly using scraps of metal and stuff. The confusion arises in me when I see the new small fixed blade going for close to 200$ on the forums.

Why do they even make these "budget Busse" type of companies if prices are still going to remain so high? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

CONGRATS On the Street Scrapper 4! It is a great knife, as is the Scrapper 6.

What I don't understand is first we have Busse, then there's Swamp Rat which is sort of a more affordable version of Busse. Then you get Scrapyard, which is supposed to be the most affordable of them all, by supposedly using scraps of metal and stuff. The confusion arises in me when I see the new small fixed blade going for close to 200$ on the forums.

Why do they even make these "budget Busse" type of companies if prices are still going to remain so high? Doesn't that defeat the purpose?

Busse, Swamp Rat, & Scrap Yard have no control over what people charge (or choose to pay) on the secondary market.

The Street Scrapper 4 was a very limited run in INFI. It was cheap($140). The next time they are offered, it will not be INFI, cost even less, and will not be in short supply.

I noticed it was an INFI blade but wasn't sure how it would affect the price compared to S7. It'll be interesting to see the pricing of the regular version.

Lets hope its less, would be good to get one exact same one in different steel for comparison purpose...

But just wondering if SR-77 is any good on a small blade??

The purpose is 24/7 utilization of production facilities (eg every 8 hours shift is a different company) however with different designs and limited availability, it keeps prices high.

What I don't understand is first we have Busse, then there's Swamp Rat which is sort of a more affordable version of Busse.

Before there was Swamp Rat, there was the Busse Basics line which introduced Res-C and that then spawned Swamp Rat.

Then you get Scrapyard, which is supposed to be the most affordable of them all, by supposedly using scraps of metal and stuff.

The whole "scraps of metal" thing is humorous marketing spin. It's not like Jerry grinds out an FBM and then puts the shavings and cutouts in a bag that gets sent to Dan.

The confusion arises in me when I see the new small fixed blade going for close to 200$ on the forums.

It's the secondary market prices that are high. The primary market prices are quite reasonable, which is why I stick with Swamp Rat and Scrap Yard rather than Busse.

The Scrapper 4 is actually a great blade, a perfect cross between a Howling Rat and a Bandicoot IMO.

I think the feel in the hand is fairly similar, but the resemblance may exist solely in my head. :p

Still, it's a nice knife. :)

I love Res-C!! I like it better than micarta. The SS4 is a great knife. Comfy in the hand. I AM still very excited about this knife.

Okay, so I've been thinking about this, and I think the perceived similarity is not only the size, but the two grips that present themselves...

AFCKSS4fwdgripMedium.jpg

and

AFCKSS4bwdgripMedium.jpg

Or, alternately, my meds could just be wearing off. :D

Back