Fixed Blade EDCs - How?

Alrighty, so I do prefer a fixed blade to a folder for just about everything, but I have two questions for those of you that do EDC a fixed blade:

A.) Which fixed blades are you EDCing? Size seems to be a factor..

B.) How are you carrying them? Do you carry a larger fixed blade that you keep concealed? How exactly do you secure it to yourself?

Any help on these is greatly appreciated!

I used to carry a Rat Cutlery rc-3 clipped inside of my belt. I still do when I do not have school but university regulations changed and fixed isnt OK anymore. It was as easy to carry as a folder and with its size no one really said much about it.

I carry a Buck Hartsook in my front pocket instead of around my neck. I just tie a loop of paracord to the sheath and around one of my belt loops and slip the whole thing into my pocket.

I do want to upgrade the Hartsook to a BM210 though.

I use to carry a Becker 11 or RAT 3 for FB. RAT 3 went vertical at 4 o'clock position. BK11 went horizontal at 1 o'clock position. Whenever I do carry a FB on my belt, it's usually vertical in the 4 o'clock position.

Leu kozuka. The Kydex sheath is inserted between my belt and pants, edge up, and a length of para-cord is looped around my belt. :)

I used to carry a Rat Cutlery rc-3 clipped inside of my belt. I still do when I do not have school but university regulations changed and fixed isnt OK anymore. It was as easy to carry as a folder and with its size no one really said much about it.

Leu kozuka. The Kydex sheath is inserted between my belt and pants, edge up, and a length of para-cord is looped around my belt. :)

Could you guys post up pics of how it looks while you're carrying it?

Thanks for the info so far guys :D

I EDC my BRK&T Mini-Northstar with standard issue Sharp Shooter sheath. As with all my Barkies, I carry in cross draw ('bout 10:30). I allways carried on strong side till I got my Mini. Now I will allways carry (fixed blades) cross draw! Rides just right, very easy access, ....., Good luck, Matt

Sharpshooter makes a couple of great back pocket carry options. Here is one. The other variety has a larger second compartment for flashlight, etc.

Jeff

picture.php

When I carry bigger knives(let's say - more than 10" overall) I'm in the places where they fit and don't have to onceal them.
Smaller blades are caried either right side IWB, or hanging on the belt with blade "hidden" inside right backpocket, or are just thrown into cargo pocket(perfect siplicity )

GeneIngramPocketHippo2.jpg

The second knife is my Charles May Fireant, the next picture is my Tom Krein TK-2. I carry these in my pocket.
Fireant4.jpg

TomKreinTK-2D2andMarkNelsonMicarta.jpg

Yeah, my main concern is how I would more or less conceal something like the BRKT Mini-North Star (looovvee that knife... will have to get one now...) so I don't get arrested at Wal-Mart..

Curse, The way I carry my Mini-Northstar (see my prev./above post) is perfect under T-shirt. Nobody can see it! In cross draw it rides simi-horiz. I used to worry about that too, but not anymore (after MUCH,MUCH EDC). Just add for EDC, a 'lil slip joint in your pocket for the sheeple. Good luck, Matt

Last edited:
Curse, The way I carry my Mini-Northstar (see my prev./above post) is perfect under T-shirt. Nobody can see it! In cross draw it rides simi-horiz. I used to worry about that too, but not anymore (after MUCH,MUCH EDC). Just add for EDC, a 'lil slip joint in your pocket for the sheeple. Good luck, Matt

Awesome! Thank you very much for the great info and suggestions :)

I love fixed blade EDC's. I have found that it is not how long the blade is (within reason) but how fat it is that makes it hard to conceal. I wear my Spyderco Mule around my neck EDC under a Tshirt and no one ever notices it. Another very important thing to have is a first rate sheath. Most production sheaths simply are not good enough especially for neck wear upside down. I get 90% of my knives new sheaths from OST(On Scene Tactical) when they suit plastic and several different places for leather. here are some OST sheaths.
P7010028.jpg

A good sheath is even useful for some folders particularly large ones. Check out the Police in the photo. It has a sheath with tekloc so it can be clipped anywhere.
Another nice way to carry a fixed blade that may be to heavy for neck wear is the IWB sheath like the Strider WP in the photo has.

Check out Bob Dozier's website: www.dozierknives.com

He has bunches of EDC size fixed blades and his Style A - Horizontal cross draw kydex sheaths rock. You can easily wear it concealed with an untucked shirt. Get a small 3" blade length or less and you can slip it in your front pocket when you have to wear a tucked in shirt.

Ranger Little Bird in the front pocket.

Only 5 inches total length, in the sheath. :p

I seem to have been posting this fairly often lately...

I usually carry a Scrapyard Yard Guard. Either in a IWB Kydex sheath, or in a cordura sheath hanging from my belt, down into my RF pocket. The cordura sheath hanging into my pocket is actually VERY comfortable for such a large knife. I think it's because of the flexibility of the top section.

100_1606-1.jpg

carryingtheYG.jpg

The IWB sheath is a bit more concealable (i.e. it doesn't print), but the cordura sheath in my pocket is more comfortable. Ahhh... tradeoffs. Aren't they great?

I'm going to switch this out one of these days, as soon as I actually get it, with a Polkowski Kasper Scorpion. Also going to be pocket carry.

I currently carry a spyderco Vagabond in my pocket, and thanks to the built in edge guard I haven't stabbed myself in the leg yet :p

Back