Flaw in zero tolerance blades?

Mine has the same thing

m0562_03.jpg

All of the ones with the line it are fake. Send them to me for immediate disposal:D

I'll pile on with everyone else, this is purely cosmetic. My guess it is caused by a hotspot in the grind belt. Nothing to worry about, and certainly will not affect cutting performance. My Benchmade 477-1 has the identical issue and let me assure you that it will not give you performance problems. If you truly care about the aesthetic that much, return it. If you plan to use this knife, roll with it. This slight difference adds character that makes the knife unique and yours.

On a different note, my ZT566BW obviously dont have those lines coz their blackwashed, however i deassist mine and the blade will NOT center. Drives me nuts, even with the spring assist, its still not centered, contacted ZT, and they instructed few guidelines to correct it, still no success, so they asked me to send it back, problem is, sending them back from South East Asia, is risky, i may have my knife confiscated along the way
..so now i just use the crap out of it.

Where exactly? Live in the 5 boroughs myself and wouldn't mind going to an actual storefront...

The bladesman on merrick road in seaford, it's in Nassau county. It took me about 45 min drive from south brooklyn. Great selection of spyderco and a few benchmade and zero tolerance and some other brands. They have a sharpening service too. There are a few shops in south/central and west jersey also but would take longer to drive to.

Actually there's also south shore sportsman and tnt gunnery also in seaford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On a different note, my ZT566BW obviously dont have those lines coz their blackwashed, however i deassist mine and the blade will NOT center. Drives me nuts, even with the spring assist, its still not centered, contacted ZT, and they instructed few guidelines to correct it, still no success, so they asked me to send it back, problem is, sending them back from South East Asia, is risky, i may have my knife confiscated along the way
..so now i just use the crap out of it.

I have not experienced a off centered blade that cannot be corrected. Plenty of previous discussions and suggestions on the topic. And here is one of them (instructions in Post #9):

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ntering-on-Hinderer-XM-18-quot-3-quot-flipper

Oh man that choil is nice, wish they would have done that from the factory, I would have already had one by now. Nice mod!

The modification looks spot on. However, I prefer the original factory design (generally not a fan of a choil on the blade, cough Hinderer cough), but to each his own.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Since you all have been such a big help, let's not start a new thread...I just got this beauty in, lionsteel sr2. My luck it looks like it's rusted. I know the sleipner is rust resistant. This this rust or a production flaw? Sure looks like rust to me. Otherwise it looks brand new! This one is from a bf supported retailer!
d980a67e8e65f699c007c1043388da97.jpg
64332ebb1083b87bf429e089154dbc44.jpg
6eb1b470126ca10f5a24556cc07a7c82.jpg

I must say, this thing is almost perfect. The action needs to be worked through a bit as its tight.

Sleipner will rust and pit. Needs care. Use Flitz as suggested above. Better yet, send it back for a better sample.

Sleipner will rust and pit. Needs care. Use Flitz as suggested above. Better yet, send it back for a better sample.

Will flitz mess with the coating?

Will flitz mess with the coating?

I don't know.

I found an old post of mine:

I carried my SR-2 in Sleipner for 10 days. The pitting did not increase at all. I did not rinse it every day. It was exposed to humidity, water, sweat and dust.

What actually happened is that the blade is now stained as in patination. The black spots are the tiny old pits and the discolorations are the stains/patinations. The pits are only on one side (lock side) and from lower front to tip. The stains will not go away with Flitz.

47516bb2-f571-41f8-9c04-6037d2f56395_zpsbea02d0b.jpg

18071d34-fec9-43c1-8acd-8c0967fea7ba_zps819b2e07.jpg

889e7c7c-6c90-44a9-8cc6-3b71915a1210_zps32c5ea50.jpg

ad4ab096-606f-424a-ab09-66f88024f493_zpsf28f7d45.jpg

Grind lines, nothing more than cosmetic, use the heck out of the blade and you'll find any real defects there may be.

The bladesman on merrick road in seaford, it's in Nassau county. It took me about 45 min drive from south brooklyn. Great selection of spyderco and a few benchmade and zero tolerance and some other brands. They have a sharpening service too. There are a few shops in south/central and west jersey also but would take longer to drive to.

Actually there's also south shore sportsman and tnt gunnery also in seaford

Gotcha. Thanks for the info, I'm in south Brooklyn myself (borough park) and will take a trip out there soon.

Back