1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flea market finds

Discussion in 'JK Handmade Knives' started by fishiker, Sep 6, 2010.

1. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    I know that John and a lot of others here enjoy finding new "toys" at flea markets so I thought I would share my haul from the weekend.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

2. JK Knives

JK Knives Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 6, 2001
    Nice haul! Is that hatchet a Norlund? It looks just like mine.

3. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    It sure is. I tried walking away from it but was haunted for a few hours and had to go back to buy it. I forgot to include the Griswold skillet that I also got.

4. mtnfolk mike

mtnfolk mike

Mar 21, 2006
    holy smokes.. that is nice haul indeed...:eek: i am jealous..:eek:

5. bocephus21

bocephus21

Jul 27, 2010
    nice finds!

6. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Sweet little hatchet. :thumbup:

Jeff

7. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    I like the little hatchet. Nice haul you got there :thumbup:

8. Mr. Sogetsu

Mr. Sogetsu

Jun 11, 2006
    I never find good blades in flea markets. I must have bad luck. I do usually find some good fishing tackle though.

9. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    Thanks for the comments. I'm surprised no one asked about the thrower. We played with it some yesterday and could get a cracker to 50 yards or so. I am now ready to go back to shooting skeet.

10. dipbait

dipbait

Feb 9, 2008
    Just picked up an Old Timer stockman , myself.

11. fixer

fixer Banned BANNED

Mar 9, 2000
    nice finds, but i'm at a loss for what the widget is between the books and the slipjoints.

ahh... nevermind.

12. nyefmaker

nyefmaker

Sep 29, 2008
    Nice Score.....I recently posted a similar thread in the General Discussion showing some knives that I scored upon. Others posted some other great knives as well.

I am a yard/sale flea market junkie as well.......There are lots of gems to be had at great prices !!!

13. outdoorsfan

outdoorsfan

Sep 30, 2009
    I have always loved flea markets and garage/yard sales, had some good luck over the years.....here's some recent finds

Eye Brand Stockman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Posted these before. Hammer Brand and Imperial Cub Scout knife

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some other stuff that I will snap pics of.....

14. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    Looks like a lot of us did the same kind of thing this past weekend. I found this 80#, 5 1/2" post vice for $20. Works great and nothing is missing or broken.

[​IMG]

Jeff

15. ms3902

ms3902

Jul 8, 2007
    I don't think I have ever seen one of those before. Looks great for $20:thumbup:

16. jds1

jds1

Jun 9, 2007
    I haven't found any markings on it yet. Maybe after I get it cleaned up. From the little bit of research I did, it looks to be from the mid to late 1800's. Most of these things never did have a maker's mark, but were sold almost as a commodity and identified only by the weight and width of the jaws. Like you said, to good to pass up for the price.

Jeff

17. fishiker

fishiker

Nov 5, 2006
    That's a great find. The flea market we went to was for the long weekend and covered a huge area(more than you can see in one day). The one thing that we try to not do is buy anything heavy when we're too far from the car.

18. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    Here are my finds from yesterdays road trip with Connie.

Buck 301 with yellow handle and 1989 date code.

[​IMG]

1942 edition of a book called "We Took To The Woods" which looks pretty interesting.

[​IMG]

Old Roy Baker pancake holster for a .45 auto. I actually bought one of these back in 1976 for my first .45.

[​IMG]

And my favorite, a Tops Big Boy bank!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  19. trevytrev

trevytrev Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2010
    I gotta start hitting some fleas markets, you guys have scored some sweet stuff!

20. JK Knives

Mar 6, 2001
    My brand new (it still has the cardboard tube in the battery compartment) Rayovac Sportsman flashlight ($3) and 1991 Buck 525 ($4) from yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]