1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Flexxx Strop - How long should I have to Wait?

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by Badey, Jan 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    I have a question for the Flexxx Strop owners out there. Did you order from the Flexxx website, and if so, how long did it take you to get your order?

I'm not complaining, and I don't mind waiting a little while, I am just curious. I ordered a strop on 1-7-15, and haven't gotten a "shipped" notice yet. I don't want to be "one of those guys" and send an inquiry email if this standard procedure.

2. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    You should send an email inquiry. It's your money.
    Why people continue to do business with banned members is perplexing.....

3. Ulf Krogstad

Ulf Krogstad

Nov 19, 2013
    I've bought strops from others made to order and yeah it does take a month to 6 weeks usually. Long wait for something you could just make yourself for cheaper and in probably 1 day after getting the supplies. I'm making my own from now on.

4. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    I had no idea he was banned. Is there a thread with the background info?

5. Karda

Karda Banned BANNED

Jun 1, 2007
    Not one visible to members. He was banned for repeatedly selling his wares without the appropriate membership after repeated warnings to upgrade.
    His alter ego, Tasha or Mrs. B, was caught sneaking back in and subsequently banned also.

6. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    did you order directly from him, or from a retail outlet that sells his stuff?
    if you ordered directly from him, send him an email and/or try contacting him on the forum he currently post on.

7. droptrd

droptrd

Jul 2, 2014
    I ordered mine from usa made blade. But that was a couple years ago

8. Blades&Bullets

Blades&Bullets

Oct 28, 2013
    I ordered a Flexxx Strop as a Christmas gift in 2013. I believe the one I order was shipped within a few days.
    I agree with Karda, you should contact him.

In this case it may be because they didn't know he was banned. (I didn't know he was banned until you mentioned it. I see now it happened before I joined.) A dealer on bladeforums carries Flexxx Strops. Also, a respected knife maker here has recommended them in the past. (That is why I ordered from him) Also, there was no sarcasm intended. I just thought that might explain it.

Let us know when your strop ships, Badey.

9. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    I ordered directly from him.

I'll send off an email this evening and let you guys know what he says.

10. Lonewolf01

Lonewolf01

Oct 31, 2011
    He seems to come down with the flu according to some of his posts on another forum.

11. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    if that's true, it'll have him out of commission for 6-10 days if it runs anything like what's been going through my coworkers.

12. Badey

Badey

Dec 7, 2013
    Just an update:

I sent my email on 1-19-15. I never received a reply. However, my strops came today.

They were sent 2 day, and the postmark was from the 20th, the day after I sent my email.

I'm satisfied, but I would have liked a reply to my email.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.