Flippers that don't use frame or liner locks?

^That knife is extremely cool. If OP wants to try a non-frame/non-liner flipper and has the scratch, man I'd check this out in addition to Marksman.

How does that lock work? Is it similar to Axis?

Not similar to an AXIS lock Max.
There is only one button on the presentation side. There are also small springs under that scale. It’s a very cool lock.
I have it on the Kershaw Induction. Great lock, but the knife feels very cheap.
Most every corner on the aluminum had a drop of slag on it. Those ‘drops’ have fallen off and now those corners are SHARP.
Real shitty build, but the lock is cool.
Joe091B288B-B995-4515-BEEE-C428CD7C9DFB.jpeg

^That knife is extremely cool. If OP wants to try a non-frame/non-liner flipper and has the scratch, man I'd check this out in addition to Marksman.

How does that lock work? Is it similar to Axis?

Here is an overview vid of the Hawk Dauntless so people can see the action and operation...the Orbit uses the same toggle detent and lock mechanism. The build is extremely high quality, and is reflected in the price.

Rival1314 Rival1314
The action on those Knives must me incredible. The action on the Induction, $40, is great with that lock.
I can only imagine how much better it will be on one of those! It also locks up TIGHT!
I’d love to see ZT put out something with this lock.
Joe

Rival1314 Rival1314
The action on those Knives must me incredible. The action on the Induction, $40, is great with that lock.
I can only imagine how much better it will be on one of those! It also locks up TIGHT!
I’d love to see ZT put out something with this lock.
Joe

ZT used the lock on the 0500 MUDD knife, but it is long discontinued....Kershaw also used it on the RAM, which is also continued....both of those also have great action.

I agree that a modern incarnation made in America under the ZT brand would be an excellent offering:)

Brian Tighe and Friends
Bucks Marksman 829/820/831
Hogue Knives
Protech Knives

Back