Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

As a huge fan of lockbacks as well, what a beauty!! Congrats.
Thank you.
I'm rather smitten with it :)

I was tempted by another Moki yesterday but I resisted - I knew this one was soon to arrive.

~ Le Thiers le Pocket in leather ~

View attachment 1290335

This is the knife that fills the missing size of my folder carries. Easily carries in the jean or dress pants watch pocket but still a very fine handful of comfortable handle and slicey blade! Been waiting a long time on this one. :thumbsup: :cool:

~ Nice and simple details - superb fit and finish. ~

View attachment 1290336

~ Stabilized leather - I love this handle. ~

View attachment 1290337

I don't envy you anymore Don, Pinemoon Pinemoon :D
Ray, that's a beauty.
Interesting in many ways. Cool handle material, and those have a curious lock release mechanism, yes? Via the tail?

Oui, par la queue. :) Will take a bit of getting used to it. Don't know if it will ever be possible singlehanded like some mid-lock backs. Technically it is still a lock back though (IMHO) as the back spring is the keeper. Just the release mechanism is pushed way to the back - to the tail, one might say ;)

I was tempted by another Moki yesterday but I resisted - I knew this one was soon to arrive.

~ Le Thiers le Pocket in leather ~

View attachment 1290335

This is the knife that fills the missing size of my folder carries. Easily carries in the jean or dress pants watch pocket but still a very fine handful of comfortable handle and slicey blade! Been waiting a long time on this one. :thumbsup: :cool:

~ Nice and simple details - superb fit and finish. ~

View attachment 1290336

~ Stabilized leather - I love this handle. ~

View attachment 1290337

I don't envy you anymore Don, Pinemoon Pinemoon :D

Awesome Ray!! Glad you finally pulled the trigger! Hope you love it.

Oui, par la queue. :) Will take a bit of getting used to it. Don't know if it will ever be possible singlehanded like some mid-lock backs. Technically it is still a lock back though (IMHO) as the back spring is the keeper. Just the release mechanism is pushed way to the back - to the tail, one might say ;)
comment est la poignée en cuir?

Buck 110 - Red Camel Bone
4g26gio.jpg

comment est la poignée en cuir?

As expected, I am likin' it. 1st off, I think it is pretty. A subtle beauty and no two alike. Will darken over time and scratch and wear like a proper knife handle, ;) much like medium density wood handles. Soft and grippy - way better than wood. The feel reminds me mostly of a stacked birch bark handle. What's not to love. :)

This particular Le POCKET could be the 1st ever leather handled one. Fontenille Pataud offers a Le Thiers NATURE (slightly bigger version) with leather but not the POCKET. I had to put in a request. That added a 2 week turn around time but well worth the wait. Just what I wanted :thumbsup:

Last edited:
As expected, I am likin' it. 1st off, I think it is pretty. A subtle beauty and no two alike. Will darken over time and scratch and wear like a proper knife handle, ;) much like medium density wood handles. Soft and grippy - way better than wood. The feel reminds me mostly of a stacked birch bark handle. What's not to love. :)

This particular Le POCKET could be the 1st ever leather handled one. Fontenille Pataud offers a Le Thiers NATURE (slightly bigger version) with leather but not the POCKET. I had to put in a request. That added a 2 week turn around time but well worth the wait. Just what I wanted :thumbsup:

View attachment 1290666
Very cool :thumbsup:
That has a lot of character, like an aged piece, yet right off the bench. It'll be interesting to see how it changes over time.

RayseM RayseM
I’m so very excited for you!! Looking forward to seeing how the handles look over use and time. :)
Ray...next stop, engraved bolsters? :)

Thanks Coleman!

Actually, I have been thinking of this for months. You inspired me :thumbsup: I'm pretty certain that will prove to be too much of a luxury item. It could have come from the factory with engraved bolsters for an additional $ 300.00. :eek: Nice, but no thanks. Maybe :rolleyes:

Thanks Coleman!

Actually, I have been thinking of this for months. You inspired me :thumbsup: I'm pretty certain that will prove to be too much of a luxury item. It could have come from the factory with engraved bolsters for an additional $ 300.00. :eek: Nice, but no thanks. Maybe :rolleyes:

There is something beautiful about well polished, sleek shiny bolsters. :)

Interesting that two very different knives achieve the same functionality with their lockback designs. The lock release at the end of the handle makes it much easier to release the lock and also aids in allowing the knife to be closed with one hand.
uWlZHf7.jpg

Back