• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Forged 1080 with Amboyna Burl EDC

Hi all. Up for sale is a forged 1080 EDC in stabilized Amboyna Burl. It has a very nice feel in the hand. I did a batch of 5 of these EDC's. I have been forging much larger knives and these "smaller" ones are great for an every day carry. Brown sheath with black lizard skin inlay included. The sheath is right hand carry.

Steel - Forged 1080 with full flat grind and satin finish
OAL - 7.875"
Tip to Handle - 4.25"
Spine at thickest - .1875"
Pins - .1875" brass and stainless mosaic (made by me)
Lanyard tube - .1875" brass
Handle - Contoured stabilized Amboyna Burl with black spacers.

includes sheath, knife and shipping. Thanks to all for looking. -Burton

Attachments

• Forged 1080 with Amboyna Burl copy.jpg
    Forged 1080 with Amboyna Burl copy.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 396
  • Forged 1080 with Amboyna Burl in grass copy.jpg
    Forged 1080 with Amboyna Burl in grass copy.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Thank you both for the kind words. I am just now getting around to finishing up some of the blades I have been forging. I was taking advantage of the cool weather to keep the forge running and I now have a nice stock pile of blades to finish:)

This is a nice blade. I handled it a couple of weeks ago.

Clean execution and sharp as all get out.

Burton's leather work is unique and nicely done also.

Fred

Very nice.The whole package looks great.BTW is that elephant hide in the first pic?

Thanks Fred and Moon for the kind words. The leather in the first pic is Ostridge but it does kinda come off as Elephant. It makes for a nice background for pics and I would like to get a slightly larger piece.

Back up for another look. You will not be disappointed in this knife. It's hand forged, very tough and very comfortable in the hand.

I recently purchaced one of Burton's knives and I can tell you the fit and finish is perfect. The knife feels great in the hand and the lines are clean.

i second pblaetz's remarks. my Burton knife and sheath are both excellent.
one of the "best bang for the buck" knives i have. amazing this one hasn't sold. when the word gets out a little better, Burton's knives are going to be snapped up fast, esp. if his relative under-pricing continues.
roland

deltablade it is 3/16" at the thickest. It is a very comfortable knife.
I recently purchaced one of Burton's knives and I can tell you the fit and finish is perfect. The knife feels great in the hand and the lines are clean.
This is a post from pblaetz who purchased a similar knife in micarta. Thanks for the interest and I also sent you a PM. Thanks to all for looking.

Back