• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Forged 1095, Ironwood, Hamon

Bailey Knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This one is forged from a bar of 1095. I clay coated the blade for heat treating for a nice hamon. The spine has a random vine pattern filework.

The handle is Arizona Ironwood. It is really nice looking wood and is naturally stable.

The sheath uses my "H" pattern belt loop. It allows for horizontal and vertical ambidexterous carry. The knife fits snugly.

This is a fairly large knife. I took an in hand pic for dimensions and to give an idea of the hamon line.

Dimensions
Blade - 5 5/8"
OAL - 10 1/2"

Price - $230 shipped to US. I prefer Paypal, but will accept check or money order

The first "I'll take it!" gets it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1113.JPG
    IMG_1113.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 769
  • IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 765
  • IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 752
Beautiful. It is like an evolved khukuri, in blade, handle and sheath. I love it.

Ursusrubrum, It is yours. I will pm you payment information.

Didn't even last ten minutes! That is a lovely knife, especially the Ironwood & hamon line. :thumbup:

Recieved payment, and boxed up the knife. Thanks, I will send it priority mail Monday after work.

Matt

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
i cant beleive it i just logged on 8:12 pm and its gone
aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
im gonna start drinking and smoking cigarrettes.......................

beautiful knife though

Matt - your stuff is getting better looking everytime I see something you have done. I was showing off the knife you made from my drawings recently and the folks were blown away at your work and how well you replicated the design we worked on. Keep it up!
Sproles

I would be really interested in seeing this piece with a tapered tang, no file work, and micarta slabs. If you are interested in making it.....shoot me a price!!!

Matt,
Beautiful knife and an even more elegant solution to a problem I’ve been having with holster designs (knife & cell phones) and it reminds me I really need to find and try some ironwood.Thanks,
Ray

Thanks everyone. I really like the sheath design. It is fairly compact and allows for multiple carry positions. (feel free to use it).

The knife arrived today, great balance and form. I really like it, so much that I might have to use it.

Thanks Mat!

Back