• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Forged CPM3V chopper

This has been my competition cutter for a the last few months. I haven't competed with it as I simply have been too busy to attend any competitions. This is the best cutter I have made to date though. It just chews through 2x4's, and I have cut numerous bottles and cans with ease, sometimes even leaving the bottom of the cans on the table (empty cans BTW). Quite simply, it is a cutting BEAST!!

The blade is 10" long, 2" wide and it is 15" overall. The spine measures .325" thick at the ricasso! The clip is sharp as well. The blade is forged from CPM3V, rockwells at Rc60. 3V is really tough to forge as it just doesn't move under the press very well. This blade came from a block that measured 3" wide by 1" thick. The handle is rubber, and provides a tack, secure grip. The knife hasa full tappered tang with thong hole. It comes with a leather sheath and ships CONUS for SOLD. I accept CC and paypal but ask you add 3% for these methods.

Thanks for looking,

Awesome knife - I was 10 minutes late seeing this - what a great snag!

Great snag Doug. You're not going to find forged 3V everywhere. I hope you put this one to use and tell us all about it.

Roger

Roger,
I will do that.In fact I'm very much interested in that.

Thanks,
Doug:)

Just found out Steven R. and Marshall N. cut with it at Bill Moran's school in AR with Bail and confirm it's a MEGA-cutter.

It has been a while since I had knife envy, but it just struck hard with this chopper. Great snag!!

Mailman just delivered my new knife and I am so impressed.Haven't done any cutting with it yet but will post when I do.Can't quite believe it's here but it is and the taper in this is extreme,although it's the first Comp.Cutter I've ever seen or handled.
Can't imagine the weight it would have without all that taper though.It's pretty heavy.
Arrived as perfectly packaged as any knife I've ever recieved and a day early.
Thank you,Bailey Bradshaw!:thumbup: :thumbup: :cool: :D

Doug :)

Back