• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Forget 7 strand paracord. How about 8 strand paracord?

I went out searching for a good paracord supplier recently, and came across a company that makes some excellent paracord. The first thing I noticed when I received the samples was that it is not 7 strand paracord, but 8 strand. I thought that was pretty awesome and ordered a whole crapload of it.

8 Strand Paracord at Going Gear

paracord8bk.jpg

This is the highest quality paracord you will find. 8 strands of the best nylon the manufacturer could buy, with an outer sleeve of also high quality nylon. It's on its way to me right now and should be here in the next couple of days. It is available for order right now if you want to go ahead and get your order in. I will have it in seven colors:

Black
White
Red
Camo Green
Olive Drab
Coyote Brown
Tan

I will also have some of their older 7 strand cord, but only in camo green.

Steven65

Traditional Hog
Platinum Member
Great I will put an order together:thumbup:

MacHete

Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler
Any workload data available?
I mean, is it 14% stronger than milspec paracord? Or just 14% bulkier? ;)

Oops! Nevermind- found it on the site. :eek:
It's supposed to be 20% +/- stronger? I am skeptical, but I think that's worth trying out. :)

USA, China? Thank you. Bill

USA

MacHete said:
Any workload data available?
I mean, is it 14% stronger than milspec paracord? Or just 14% bulkier?

Oops! Nevermind- found it on the site.
It's supposed to be 20% +/- stronger? I am skeptical, but I think that's worth trying out.

I'll try to get some spec sheets. I talk it up as a selling point, but the only real reason for the 8th strand is that the manufacturer was getting breaks around 550-600 lbs, which was too close for the plant manager since quality and reliability is obviously very important for them. They added an 8th strand to bump the breaks up to around 650-700. The mil spec allows for between 7 and 9 strands, but you rarely see the 8 or 9 strand not attached to a military parachute.

Hey, great stuff. I've been looking for a place that stocks all sorts of weird odd and ends that ship internationally.

I have a strange feeling you might be getting an order from Oz fairly soon. :)

just ran across that hand chain saw thing on your site....that looks really cool and impressive....especilly since it fits in your pocket! I love it!

just ran across that hand chain saw thing on your site....that looks really cool and impressive....especilly since it fits in your pocket! I love it!

Thanks! I am a big fan of the pocket chainsaw, which is why they were one of the first things I had in the store. They cut super fast and you get a really good workout at the same time. :)