Forum Knife Updates and comments

To the best of my knowledge, "which I can neither confirm or deny";) Buck has never done something like this before.
The only long pulls I've seen from Buck are the contract knives made by Camillus back in the day. I was actually pretty surprised Buck took this on for us, especialy at the price with all we wanted.:thumbsup::)

I won't be getting my new BK-62 (Kephart) until in January, so this will likely be my "Christmas Knife". Everything is cool with me on the schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Dec. 3rd date a little with the first batch to be released.
That BK-62 will really suit you! I'm rather tempted myself. It's certainly traditional enough. :)

New baby girl is here as of the Nov 5! Happy and healthy so far. She hasn't slowed down the process though for getting these 301s out. I'm still waiting for a final date from Buck on completion. As soon as I know, you'll know!
Congrats @skblades ! I have been away for several months and missed out on the order, but they look like they're going to be a great knife! You've got your hands full!

That BK-62 will really suit you! I'm rather tempted myself. It's certainly traditional enough. :)
I hope so. I was about to go custom with a Kephart but kept resisting (mostly because I didn't want to spend the money and have a number of woods blades already). Most of the Kepharts you see are under 5 inches. The BK is a hair over 5" (5.125" I believe) in blade length and just about perfect from my point of view. Plus with the price, I won't have any hesitation to using it for what needs doing when I'm in the woods. This Buck would pair up nicely with it... elk and walnut....

they probably will be lucky to break even at this price point but from a business stand point they will generate a lot of new customers:rolleyes:
Ummm....For me almost spot on. I am not new, but this Forum Knife got my interest renewed. This has cost me a Buck 055 Stag and a Buck 110 Green Micarta that arrived last week, and a Buck 102 Red Micarta that arrived today.

Ummm....For me almost spot on. I am not new, but this Forum Knife got my interest renewed. This has cost me a Buck 055 Stag and a Buck 110 Green Micarta that arrived last week, and a Buck 102 Red Micarta that arrived today.

It got me motivated too. I've been looking at the Custom Shop options a lot lately. I haven't ordered anything yet but that's only because I can't decide what I want. I'll likely be placing an order in the near future.

Love my Buck 55. I wish it were in the Custom Shop. Do you have a pick of your stag 55 handy?

I hate productive text so much.....
I wrote be damned. It changed to be talked ...what does that even mean?

Apparently my phone is G-rated. My wife texted me looking for her keys this morning. I had borrowed them last night and forgot to put them back. I tried to text back umm.. "Oh Shucks! I'm sorry. My fault." or words to that effect. I couldn't enter the second word. It flat out refused to text a cuss word. Sheesh.

December delivery? It's a win-win. If early in the month I'll have bought myself a birthday present. If late, I'll have bought myself a Christmas present. Since I bought two knives. I might even give myself one for each occasion. 66 is looking to be a good celebration.

they probably will be lucky to break even at this price point but from a business stand point they will generate a lot of new customers:rolleyes:

Don't forget that we're getting them for wholesale. Many thanks to Stephen. Clearly the production difficulties with the long pulls raised costs, so that may put Buck into break-even territory, dunno.

Back