• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Found a box and decided to have a garage sale

Bill Siegle

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Went digging around some old boxes and found these inside. They're old experiments and "what the heck" blades. Only 1 & 2 come with sheaths. At these prices I ain't up to forming kydex. Sorry. Anyhoo all of em have my same ole heat treat but they're ugly. Some even come with a little rust at no added cost :) Handle materials are para cord, G10, and micarta. Steel is 5160 except for #5 which is 1/8in 1095. Now for the sale part. Price is $60 shipped per blade in CONUS. You international guys need to add $10 for shipping. If you're looking for a beater truck knife, these will suit you fine :D Email to me at was4u@cs.com so as to determine buying order.

#4 is SOLD

I don't know who got #4, but they got a good one, IMO. Bill, you need to make more of those. That's a killer design. :thumbup:

Bill,

Got the ole' #1 today. Hit it up with a bit of 600 and then a bit of flitz, and the minor rust patch came right off.

Already got it into use today, as I had to cut some twine up at the archery range. Cut like crazy. What RC are these things anyway?

BTW, 60 bucks US was a major steal. This knife is going to be a heavy user, I'm taking it everywhere I can because I like the way it slices and dices.

Thanks again, Larry

p.s. maybe you ought to "find" another box of garage sale blades... :D

Glad you like it :) I run my blades around 57-59RC. Should hold up well and at these prices you sure won't fear using it :D

sorry caine, these were indeed a steal. If it's any consolation, I was 0 for 10 on the hot deals until I got lucky.

Bill, that RC sounds just right for what I need the knife to do. Now, I thought I made out a temperline. Am I correct?

Larry

I got my package today, and I am so happy I could cry.
Thanks!
Bill, you truly are THE man!

Back