• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Fred Ott Damascus Dagger_Randy Lee Subhilt Fighter/Bowie - SWEET

arden.ferris

Gold Member
FRED OTT CUSTOM DAMASCUS DAGGER

A BEAUTIFUL SINGLE EDGE DAGGER FROM
THIS HIIGHLY SOUGHT AFTER MAKER

BEAUTIFUL HANDFORGED DAMASCUS

AN EXTRAORDINARY PIECE OF KNIFE ART

$675

Pictured here is a MINT CONDITION knife that has ONLY been stored an airtight case. Never used or sharpened. I keep a light film of oil on the blade and metal parts.

ABOUT THE KNIFE:

ARTIST: FRED OTT
BLADE SIZE: 9”
TOTAL SIZE: 14 1/2”
BLADE MATERIAL: Hand forged Twist Pattern 1080 & 15N20 Damascus steel
HANDLE: Beautiful Exhibition Grade Desert Ironwood
HILT: Blued Steel with Copper Fittibngs
Butt Cap: Blued Steel and Copper –
Sheath: English Kip Leather over Basswood

COMMENTS:
Fred Ott's eye for design and skill of implementation shows through on this dramatic single edged dagger. The spear point blade was forged to shape from Fred's own Twist pattern Damascus. The pattern combines bold and detailed lines so as to be fascinating both from a distance and from up close.
The handle is sculpted from desert ironwood burl The highly convoluted wood incorporates warm and dark tones. The guard and butt cap are formed from blued mild steel. Antiqued copper fittings finish out the knife. Fred made this knife with a take down construction -- allowing the knife to be fully disassembled for maintenance. Particular attention also went into the design and execution of the sheath, which features an English kip leather wrap over a basswood scabbard. Tremendous fit and finish throughout!

ABOUT THE MAKER:

Fred started making knives part time in 1995 and decided to go full time in 2001. Fred is a member of the ABS, Professional Knifemaker Association, and Rocky Mountain Smiths.

He is from the rustic mountain town of Durango, Colorado. He makes knives with a large amount of hand work and incorporates techniques from other metalworking areas.

Randy Lee Subhilt-Fighter-Bowie

$SPF

Pictured here is a MINT CONDITION knife
that has Only been stored an airtight case. Never used or sharpened.
I keep a light film of oil on the metal parts

Brand New - Never been used, carried or sharpened.
Like New from Randy's shop

ABOUT THE KNIFE:

ARTIST: Randy Lee
BLADE SIZE:8 ”
TOTAL SIZE: 13 1/2”
BLADE MATERIAL: Mirror Polished ATS 34 Stainless
HANDLE: Beautiful Stabilized Olive wood, Ironwood, and Amber
Guard: Nickel Silver hilt and but cap
Sheath: Hand tooled and stitched leather sheath Sonya Lee

About Randy Lee
Randy's fascination with knives began as a young man, he collected them for years and eventually began making his own to get a better edge-holding skinner for hunting. Randy visited local makers to learn the craft. In 1979, he decided to invest in shop equipment so that he could properly master his knife making skills.(Looks like D’Holder was one of them!) As an avid hunter, Randy knows how a good hunting knife should perform. He loves to "field-test" his designs and feels that a quality knife should not only look great in the display case, but perform well in the field.

I will be selling much of my collection including many High End knives over the next few weeks so, , Please take a look at my other listings.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Back