From the arcane world of knifemaking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe you guys are still feeding this Troll.

He can't answer one question directly and has obviously watched Rambo to many times and believes he is some sort of superhuman.

I'm surprised how much info is out there for JEFFREY P NATTERER. Federal loans, how much he makes as a firefighter, his wife's job, his concerns regarding overweight males...

It looks like his main job is trolling forums.

It might be interesting to take all the individual components of a knife: handle material, pins, tubing, adhesive, finish texture and blade - place them in a bag and continue shaking the bag until you have a finished knife. I encourage you to try this and let me know how many shakes it takes to finish the knife. Some of you are very clever and might know the answer without having to shake the bag repeatedly.

The answer is 0, it is finished the moment you drop a blade in the bag.

Take a Jantz Falcon and hold it in your hand, what do you have? Why it's a knife imagine that.It doesn't need your help to become a knife it came that way.

Now cord wrap it and see what happens. How can this be? It's still a jantz Falcon.

Now add some meteorite bolsters,walris ivory scales, some fancy mosaic pins,
and file work by the Gods themselves, Wait for it.....Yep Jantz Falcon again.

just because you "bought" a knifemakers membership doesnt mean you are a knifemaker :rolleyes:. lets see some PROOF that you have the ability to make a knife. lets see a video of your shop and equipment. if not i agree with morimotom.

After reading all the responses to my post and considering the type of individual who produced those responses, I have come to the conclusion that if you are "knifemakers" then I am most certainly NOT a "knifemaker". I come from a different background than you, I look different from you and I think differently. Thank you again for your comments and criticism. I will continue doing whatever it is you are comfortable calling what I do.

I'm surprised how much info is out there for JEFFREY P NATTERER. Federal loans, how much he makes as a firefighter, his wife's job, his concerns regarding overweight males...

Don't forget the when his truck got towed.

Fort Wort Star said:
Before he became a Fort Worth firefighter, Jeff Natterer says, he jumped out of airplanes and led missions as a captain in the Green Berets.

"I see the world in black and white," says the man who also served nine years in the Marines.

One Saturday in late January, Natterer, a short man with burning eyes that reflect his good-guy-versus-bad-guy outlook.

I too see the world that way Jeff, and in my eyes (allthough without the burning thing)you are a standard run of the mill scumbag/ con-man/ hack. Sadly you fall into the Bad Guy catagory as well.

Don't forget the when his truck got towed.

I too see the world that way Jeff, and in my eyes (allthough without the burning thing)you are a standard run of the mill scumbag/ con-man/ hack. Sadly you fall into the Bad Guy catagory as well.

Thank you for commenting. You sound very intelligent. What is your PhD in?

I will be holding a "Knifemaking - Plain and Simple" course. I welcome all of you to come Texas and go through my one (1;-) day course which will consist of:

1. designing the blade
2. profiling the blade
3. drilling holes in tang for bolts ad beveling the blade
4. heat treating
5. engineering the handle and handle/blade attachment
6. shaping and finishing the knife
*using a shop with a total equipment budget of < $800

Since a tool is only as good as the man who makes it, there will be a selection and assessment phase for being accepted into the course. You must meet the following minimum qualifications:

1. have an IQ over 100
2. pass a physical fitness test
3. have a resume that demonstrates accomplishment and merit in areas other than
grinding away everything that does not look like a knife.

I can accomodate 3 "students" (from this particular forum) which will most likely be more than enough;-)

Last edited:
I will be holding a "Knifemaking - Plain and Simple" course. I welcome all of you to come Texas and go through my one (1;-) day course which will consist of:

1. designing the blade
2. profiling the blade
3. drilling holes in tang for bolts ad beveling the blade
4. heat treating
5. engineering the handle and handle/blade attachment
6. shaping and finishing the knife
*using a shop with a total equipment budget of < $800

Since a tool is only as good as the man who makes it, there will be a selection and assessment phase for being accepted into the course. You must meet the following minimum qualifications:

1. have an IQ over 100
2. pass a physical fitness test
3. have a resume that demonstrates accomplishment and merit in areas other than
grinding away everything that does not look like a knife.

I can accomodate 3 "students" (from this particular forum) which will most likely be more than enough;-)

Lol.

This quote makes me think better of your "Knifemaking course"

The fact that I don't specialize in grinding away steel is a matter of pride.

I'm wondering how long this guys has been putting knife parts togather ?

He seems to have a problem seperating "himself (skillsets )" from a bunch of parts someone else designed, ground, heat treated. Somehow he thinks because he put them togather they are somehow more valid, than some 15yr old who orders the same parts and asembles them in his parents basement.

He's obviously marketing an image- similar to something Bear Grylls is doing. Neither are knife makers. Bear just puts a pics of himself and his name on the box. Mr.Monkey throws out his background, puts some parts togather- pretty much the same thing.

I was recently approached to teach a craft course on knifemaking (after scrapbooking class is over) at a local mental hospital as a form of kinesthetic therapy for the physically impaired. Please let me know if you gentlement have any ideas on how to structure the course - thanks in advance

You do realize that your comments are viewable by anybody and not just members of this forum, correct? You are leaving a calling card of sorts on the interwebz that will probably be around for a very long time. Most of which, do not need a PhD to decipher ;)

After eading many posts regarding "knifemaking" on this forum and others I began to think I was wrong in believing that making a blade is simple. I thought there might be something to designing, profiling, beveling and heat treating a finished blade from bar stock - so I did it.

I was not wrong. It's S I M P L E

I was recently approached to teach a craft course on knifemaking (after scrapbooking class is over) at a local mental hospital as a form of kinesthetic therapy for the physically impaired. Please let me know if you gentlement have any ideas on how to structure the course - thanks in advance

Well, this has obviously run it's course. Let's take this to the proper place, so we can give this "craftsman" the honest opinions he truly deserves. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back