• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

From under the Shadows P D Hawk

This is the Hawk I toted around the Blade Show in Atlanta.
Recieved many a positive word and "Where did you get That?" questions.
It is the prototype of a Personal Defense Hawk being developed for a Martial artist associate of mine.
Wanted to keep it small enough to carry and not be too obtrusive. Yet know it was there in a heartbeat.
After a few smacks into my 2" thick solid maple bench top it was easy to realize this is a serious weapon.
Did a number on the bench anyway.
Made from 5160 edges on five sides.
Primary edge is Convex for strength while the rest of the edges are flat ground. Handle is made from G10 with Red spacers underneath.
OAL is 13 3/4" head is 8" point to tip. Weighs in at 24oz.
Will include a Custom fitted HD Kydex belt carrier. Other Carrier configurations can be worked out.
pdhawk.jpg

More pics in a few!
$275 delivered Conus Insured Priority mail.
Paypal is the Prefered method of payment.
Or
USPS M/O Via snail mail.
Please Email me any questions you have: blinker123@qwest.net
Robert Hankins

That Hawk of yours is merely super! Someone will be very pleased.

I believe that I handled this hawk at Atlanta. It had a very sweet feel to it and really made you want to chop something!

Good to hear from you Craig, enjoyed our little chat!
Yes that was my Hawk, which still sits on my Computer desk looking for a new home. Hope the show went well for you. Still have your card W/D guard Bowie on front.
Stay in touch...
Robert

Looks more like a decorative piece to me, although it does have scallops. Just shows that no matter how unique something is there has usually been one made somewhere at sometime.
Mine is the real deal and I am finishing up three more. One will be a tester which will get the piss knocked out of it. I will post pics of the abuse when it gets completed...If only I could find a human volunteer for penetration tests

I clean what I am testing with alcohol and use hams as guinnea pigs.. Hams...pigs.....get it:D

That is a beautiful knife! TO answer your question...Vosler is a knife maker out of Greenville PA. Tom Vosler, He makes excellent custom pieces all unique but his trademark is a heart cut into each blade symbolising a piece of his heart he puts into each one. It takes him a long time to make each one and they are all done by hand. You can call them for a catalog if your interested in looking at his awesome work. Tom Vosler's custom made knives (724) 253-4274. I will scan some of mine custom made knives and post them. Have a good one!
Vaticblade

Here's my Vosler. It is pretty decorational but very functional and holds a killer edge hardened 440-c stainless.
vosler-indian1.jpg

Robert Hankins will be more than happy that his quetion from more than 3 years back is finally answered now! :thumbup: :D

BTW nice knife! :thumbup:

Excuse such a late reply, Sorry I couldnt have answered it earlier Wolfgang but I only recently found this forum, and I'm really glad I did, I've made some great new friends and learned alot. Like I knew that 440 stainless was surgical but Vosler uses a special 440-c stainless, I didnt know the "c" stood for carbon that i would immagine makes the blade harder than regular 440 stainless that you can get from Japan. The more I learn the more I realize I dont know hardly anything!!! lol
Thanks alot Mick57, I really like it too and its cool how the sheath covers the entire knife protecting the hand etching thats aslo signed and dated. The Handle is made of some form of "legal Ivory" such as walrus tusk or something if I remember correctly. I posted the number to Tom Vosler knives earlier in this thread and they will be glad to answer any and all questions and even mail you out a free catalog of some of his custom work. I know he only makes a small quantity of knives and swords a year. The waiting list for a custom Vosler is over a year I know that. And if memory serves me, a knife like mine takes around 15 hours to make from cutting, drilling the steel and handle to assembly (not including buffing, honing, etching or sheath making) He signs and numbers the blade of each finshed piece and if you call the number they will look up your knife and tell you exactly what you have, when it was made, how long it took to make and even when, where and who it was originally sold to!! I think that alone is pretty awesome. peace all, I'll post some pics as soon as I get new batteries for my cam.
Vaticblade

Back