Frontier/Rustic style knives.Let's see 'em

That poured pewter is just cool, Brian. I've always wanted to try that.

I'm in love.
Thanks, bud. Axl Rose(as in Guns n Roses) bought that one from me.... how cool is that? Talk about a guy who likes knives.... Axl's collection is monsterous!

Last edited:
Not sure this fits , but the inspiration for making it came from looking at all of John's work.

IMG_0037x.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post everyone!Rick,I am glad you found this thread and decided to post.Your work is exceptional and definately worth of being viewd here and anywhere else!

Thanks John... you should like my stuff! Between you, Tai and Daniel, I should be giving a percentage of sales! When I started with Wally Hayes, he put me on to you guys, and I was hooked. Thank you.

Rick

Here is a hunter that I recently made that I would call frontier style. The handle is Cow shin bone I harvested.

6542667521_d802cf1560_z.jpg

Although this has its own thread (Jaws II), this one is right at home here:

orig.jpg

Coop

Thanks, bud. Axl Rose(as in Guns n Roses) bought that one from me.... how cool is that? Talk about a guy who likes knives.... Axl's collection is monsterous!

there isn't a gauge built that can measure how cool that is.

I don't have many pieces that would go here but maybe this one

Bagwell Alamo Bowie

One of my favorite pieces in my collection

Big and fast

L1000482_edited-1.jpg

Alamo013.jpg

Last edited:
Bringing this thread back because I found a new Maker that really needs to be seen here, his name is Ted Taylor from Lamar, CO. I have a Hawk / Skinner Set that I have not photographed yet that is amazing!!

Here is a nice Period Hunter from Ted

IMG_8181_opt.jpg

IMG_8194_opt.jpg

IMG_8189_opt.jpg

IMG_8185_opt.jpg

Here is Ted's Cattleman's Bowie
IMG_8195_opt.jpg

IMG_8207_opt.jpg

Super work IMO.

I just finished this one about a half hour ago. I tried to make the knife look like a cheap trade knife but used 1095 steel so it will be a user. Hard to see in my photo but the knife rides in the back of the bag.
2-23-12.jpg2-23-12_3.jpg

Well, Mr Drew, you've failed miserably......... that does not look cheap.:D

003.jpgHey John,

After I Got home from Little Rock I made this.
001.jpg

This is some of the wrourght iron we talked about.

003.jpg

Greg Shahan

Back