• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Full integral double guard W pattern damascus dagger

PDQ knives

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello Everyone.
I have this dagger on sale. It is a full integral double guard W pattern damascus dagger.
I made this piece for the MAC2019 (is like the blade show in Buenos Aires) and made me win the prize to "knifemaker revelation 2019".
It was the first time that i make a dagger, the first time that i make fullers, first time i make a doble integral guard, first time i make domed pins, fist time i make a sheath with a damascus lock or hook... I think, the final result is more than acceptable, but it has some details that i can't pass up. In the tips of the guard, the damascus has some cold shuts (i don't know if it is the right way to say it), it is unperceptible, but i should be honest. Around the sheath's damascus lock, the leather suffer a little bit the heat of a welding i did to fix the lock to the sheath, presenting a tiny crack. You almost need a magnifying glass to see it, but again, i must say it. And the last thing is, as i made the domed pins for the first time, they were not perfect. All this you can check it in the pictures and the instagram videos that i leave you below.
The design of the dagger wasn't planed, it came up in the forging process, so maybe there are some things I would have liked to do different. Perhaps i am to much perfectionist.
uGJFDrU.jpg

T00VPHV.jpg

9iPRKko.jpg

4WD1bvD.jpg

G4wlWvv.jpg

And some exterior pictures.
93hQtXj.jpg

fYLlqWo.jpg

Nng6Muo.jpg

vNegAs9.jpg

VmygrRc.jpg

Here is the link to the Instagram videos:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0wOfZ2n8sz/

OAL lenght: 17.3"
Blade lenght: 11.42"
Blade max. widht: 1.38"
Blade thickness: 0.157"

The damascus steel is made of 15N20 and 1070.
The scales are made of natural "palo santo" wood, attached to the Blade with brass domed pins.
The sheath is made of hand sewn leather.

I'm asking U$S1200, including shipping to USA. For shipping to another country, please ask before buy.

Best regards.

A magnificent piece.

I would say flawless, but I don't want to contradict the maker.

Microscopic cosmetic flaws are good because they keep the gods from getting jealous.

Thank you very much! By the way, this is my best job to the moment, thing is that i know i can improve my work.

Back