Fully Serrated Knives...

Get a steak knife.
Serrations are a requirement for anything that will cut soft stuff against ceramic, glass, or stone. The teeth protect the inner edge. For 90% of other uses I'll take a plain edge, and compromise for the 10%.

Cold steel serrations are the best for what they are designed to do. That's why I don't get why they make partially serratec models. They aren't made for utility and daily use at all.

Cold steel serrations are the best for what they are designed to do. That's why I don't get why they make partially serratec models. They aren't made for utility and daily use at all.

There's a guy on Youtube who's a big Cold Steel fan.
Makes various videos about them, and has received free knives from Mr. Thompson.

He was doing the "porkman" tests with serrated versus plain edge of the exact same model, and the cutting done was pretty much the exact same.

They don't really seem to add anything to the cutting people apart game...and I don't cut people up anyway.
I need a knife that works as a knife that I can use for regular knife things on a daily basis of using my knife. ;)

Where is this crazy talk coming from? I must have reached the wrong forum haha.

Amazing pictures guys and thank you everyone for the suggestions on serrated blades. I think I'm probably going to go with a Spyderco, but not sure which model quite yet.

All stainless handles and fully serrated blades are tough to beat IMHO; reminds me that I still need a serrated Delica, Harpy etc. etc... :D;):thumbup::cool:

27231090896_b0e3b096a6_z.jpg

26467766574_1bbd936f75_z.jpg

That Police is classic Spyderco CM!! I have the PE and love it......wish it was serrated! You have a bunch of great blades brother!
Just got this one and it is awesome!! Auto with a huge slab of fully serrated H1!! Can you say buzz saw???
Joe

3a7da15a8aa2467501ca04cabeedc804.jpg

d9ca8d7a9a1a5574d9bfa8bf7653996a.jpg

Back