Fun Friday Sale! Who wants to be a guinea pig!

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Opens at 5:00 eastern time

Please do not buy this without reading and understanding this first.

This sale is not open to the general public. This sale is only open to folks who have and use one of the original Field Knives and agree to use this knife when they receive it. This knife is for sale for $260. <--- these prototypes cost a lot more than that to make. The purpose of making these and getting them out into the wild is to get feedback from users who already have a first generation Field Knife and can provide feedback to me about this design. We're dialing it in and we want your input too. So we're looking for guinea pigs.

Also, be aware these are prototypes and are rough. They're hand ground by an alcoholic monkey with aging vision and advanced ataraxia. They're rough folks. There are tool and grind marks we wouldn't normally send out. There are scratches and bad words. Don't buy this knife, you probably don't want it.

One knife is for sale here, we'll post the other next week.

Specs:
9.5" total length
4 5/8" blade length
8.0 ounces
Delta 3V
.188" thick
20 DPS
HRC60
burlap micarta (buffed or unbuffed)

21.jpg~original

22.jpg~original

23.jpg~original

Field Knife 2 (The Utility Field Knife) prototype (rough), no sheath, $260
Shipping $12

Thanks,
Nathan and crew

Last edited:
Ah, that's better.

Congrats to the wiener!

Did you go by smartphone or computer on this one? I switched to the smartphone and although no where near winning on this, I didn't lay the big turd which I laid during the UF sale!

I think that I will keep using my computer for the general area sales but for the subforum sales, I'll stick to the iPhone for the future sales!

Would love to see side by side photos with the FK; difference in blade, handle contours etc.

Also the scales; I wonder if you could put the FK2 contoured scales on and shape the edges to match? Hole spacing pending of course*

Back