Garth Vs. Jerry . . . . The Battle Of Cheese Curds!!!

Who has the best cheese curds?

• Dairy Queen

• A&W

Results are only viewable after voting.
You guys leave me no choice. Ill start a poutine diet and post some pics of the contenders. Im pretty sure even mcdonads makes it here.. (ill take one for the team on that one) .. stay posted

Yum!!!

Yeah none "aroun me either... There's a KFC about 10 minutes away, but no cheese curds.

I LOVE poutine and consider it an independent good group. I think of my official training doesn't pan out, I should start a poutine shop...

Hmmm... Make that a Poutine, whiskey, and boardgame shop, where I'll have a library of games and tables/rooms for rent for parties... So people can eat and drink while they game.
*Discounts if you bring a Bussekin.

🤔😁

Oh yeah, vote DQ. Because blizzards.

A&W has root beer floats, but I think we make'm better at home.

Honorable mention for Harveys because they serve consistent decent poutine.

Yeah none "aroun me either... There's a KFC about 10 minutes away, but no cheese curds.

I LOVE poutine and consider it an independent good group. I think of my official training doesn't pan out, I should start a poutine shop...

Hmmm... Make that a Poutine, whiskey, and boardgame shop, where I'll have a library of games and tables/rooms for rent for parties... So people can eat and drink while they game.
*Discounts if you bring a Bussekin.

🤔😁
I hopw each room has very confortable couches.. if you do poutine right it requires a nap shortly after

Ive been patiently waiting for Mad Mikes Poutine to open for the last cpl months and have been gorging to stretch and prepare my belly.

I didn’t know either of those places have cheese curds! At least, I’ve never seen them to order in my area (central FL). I will have to check to see if they are available……..

Well, I’ll be! The DQ in my area does have them, but the KFC does not appear to. I’ll go get some a little later to try. That being said, the current King of Curds in these parts is Culver’s.
Interestingly, the family who started Culvers (in Wisconsin) first owned an A & W restaurant......

I had never heard of cheese curds here in North Bama, until I visited eastern Indiana with my Girlfriend last year (she's a southern girl at heart, moved here from Indiana almost twenty years ago- she's my Alabandiana girl!).

They aren't too bad, a bit different to my southern taste buds, but not bad.

Its the whole package littlehoot littlehoot . Potatoe wedges/fries , cheese and gravy/bbq sauce all gotta be on point. If ones off the whole thing tastes like greasy 💩

I was just told cheese curds were illegal in AUS !?

Here’s a quote from a 2019 article I just found.

“Previously, raw cheeses were banned in Australia for safety worries. Now, they are no longer banned, which is good news for the lovers and makers of cheese.”

My results are in, wasn't even close.
The first time these things have passed my lips. I kept them down but it was easier with one over the other. At first I thought "these are pretty much the same thing" but for one major cringe and some slight subtle differences that all stacked up in the same column. There was an objectionable aftertaste that lingered for quite some time with one of them. I followed up with a taco from the Bell bathed in Diablo hot sauce to burn it off my tongue, didn't work. So I'm trying Scotch, starting to work slightly.

Sorry Jerry, Busse stab for the win! I'm with G Man on this one.

curdchallenge.jpg

Useless piece of info based on what I could find doing a quick search - A&W introduced curds in 2003 while DQ introduced Poutine in 2016? and offered curds in 2018? So A&W has a lot more experience which may explain why I came away as I did. <-correct this if found different.

Important note JERRY - Question: Are cheese curds healthy?
Answer: HELL NO!
Summary: NOT a health food
Remediation: Let the cheese curds become cheddar through proper aging then it will be worth eating. Besides, we already have deep fried mozzarella so why?

Important note JERRY - Question: Are cheese curds healthy?
Answer: HELL NO!
Summary: NOT a health food
Remediation: Let the cheese curds become cheddar through proper aging then it will be worth eating. Besides, we already have deep fried mozzarella so why?
Blasphemy!!!
Long live the curd! Poutine isn't poutine without cheese curds!!

What's a cheese curd, never had one maybe a sandwich with a slice of cheese on it. Maybe the Rat forum would be more fitting/telling.

What's a cheese curd, never had one maybe a sandwich with a slice of cheese on it. Maybe the Rat forum would be more fitting/telling.
Think of it as "young cheese"... Cheese that's hasn't quite finished the "normal" cheese production cycle and hasn't been aged.

It's like eating cookie dough. Or a young whisky/whiskey. Or eating veal or suckling pig. Or highschool dating....

Think of it as "young cheese"... Cheese that's hasn't quite finished the "normal" cheese production cycle and hasn't been aged.

It's like eating cookie dough. Or a young whisky/whiskey. Or eating veal or suckling pig. Or highschool dating....
last years prom was the best in my life

Back