GartHOGanzaaa 5-22-17 Pricing And Ordering Procedures!!!!

Garth, fellas, have any of you used cerakoted knives on game or food prep in camp, etc? I have no experience with this coating and all my infi is stripped, so no problem there. What's the good word on cerakote and game/food related applications? All my research has been inconclusive. Thanks guys... and that bronze mofo is haunting my dreams!

Garth, fellas, have any of you used cerakoted knives on game or food prep in camp, etc? I have no experience with this coating and all my infi is stripped, so no problem there. What's the good word on cerakote and game/food related applications? All my research has been inconclusive. Thanks guys... and that bronze mofo is haunting my dreams!

I don't think you should eat cerakote chips.

However, it appears to be a relatively stable material.

Should be ok to use if it is not flaking.

Gotcha--I figured as much. I guess what I'm asking is, if this is my camp knife, would it be ok to woodwork and do food prep with the same knife (w/ proper cleaning in between)... stuff like that often happens when camping a couple days...

A great selection for a ganza! Thanks Busse and Garth for a chance for those of us not attending blade.

Gotcha--I figured as much. I guess what I'm asking is, if this is my camp knife, would it be ok to woodwork and do food prep with the same knife (w/ proper cleaning in between)... stuff like that often happens when camping a couple days...

I would do it! I would be more concerned about stray sap.

On the other hand, it is incredibly toxic in liquid form. On the knives it appears to be pretty stable. But, you definitely don't want to be eating cerakote dust. If you cut wood with it, you could be getting saps from toxic vines that were once on the wood and that might have left residue. So, cleaning the knife well would be paramount.

So, there are two ways to answer the question.

Is cerakote food safe? Not at all. Best case scenario you bring an uncoated knife for dedicated use on food prep or consumption.

Will you be harmed by occasional use of a coated knife on food? Very unlikely, especially if you are a man beast and also wash it well.

On the other hand, it is incredibly toxic in liquid form. On the knives it appears to be pretty stable. But, you definitely don't want to be eating cerakote dust. If you cut wood with it, you could be getting saps from toxic vines that were once on the wood and that might have left residue. So, cleaning the knife well would be paramount.

So, there are two ways to answer the question.

Is cerakote food safe? Not at all. Best case scenario you bring an uncoated knife for dedicated use on food prep or consumption.

Will you be harmed by occasional use of a coated knife on food? Very unlikely, especially if you are a man beast and also wash it well.

This is why ALL Bussekin should be offered with a Comp Finish option. For Health and Safety purposes...

Only 3 blades with INFI...the stuff seems to be getting harder and harder to find.

Can one of the regulars here tell me the main differences between a SOS (11A/B) and a Ratmandu (12A/B). is one thinner stock than the other?

thanks

randy

Can one of the regulars here tell me the main differences between a SOS (11A/B) and a Ratmandu (12A/B). is one thinner stock than the other?

thanks

randy

Son of Swat
OVERALL LENGTH:
9.25"
BLADE LENGTH:
4.25"
BLADE WIDTH:
1.1"
BLADE THICKNESS:
Approx. .160"

Ratmandu

BLADE LENGTH:
5-1/4"
BLADE WIDTH:
1.35"
BLADE THICKNESS:
3/16"
OVERALL LENGTH:
10-1/4"

Ratmandu has a slighty longer blade and a larger choil.

Garth said:
Here is a quick comparison pic next to a Ratmandu.

SOS%20vs%20RatManDu_zpsxepmq5b7.jpg

I am glad I asked. I know everybody loved the Ratmandu, but the SOS is more in my sweet spot, I think.

randy

Back