Gary Swenson' an open letter: Platnium and Strider

Open letter to the lemmings that buy Strider Knives so they can pretend they can be a SF Operator for the evening:

All of my points involving the Strider GB/AR and SNG folder flaws/problems I have stated here are valid. Backed by references and links, backed by things I have seen and heard. Backed by others who have had the problems that I stated.

In return I am called names FAG BALLSACK and limpy by the owner of the Company. Who seems to think its funny or profitable more likley both to produce $400.00 dollar folders that don;t work right or are so sensitive the owners have to keep sending them in to maintain them!

Flawed lock on the SNG is more than likley due to the flex and weakness of the G10 design!

Now a baton axe that will injure someone eventually.

This company is interested in PROFIT ONLY I don't know a single operator or Military user, that wasn't given a Strider free, who actually uses one!

I just think you sheeple who buy these things need to wake up the proof is there.

Strider is interested in profit, I agree with that. I mean, isn't that the idea of starting a business?

Listen up **** Breath becouse I'm only going to waste my time once with you. You don't have a clue of which you write about. Mick and Duane have squared more folks in the military away with blades than you could probably count in your mis-shapen skull. You should really just stay off this site if your that unhappy, in fact go ask your mom if you could borrow the keys to the car and go find yourself a life somewhere. I don't think there is anything left to say to you, you just keep coming back, like a psyco ex-girlfriend that almost likes to be abused. Dude, get yourself some help, throw away your computer, get a job and when you think you have grown up enough to come back STOP and then add 5 years to that.

GString I mine GSwen,

First you come in here and attack the Strider guys, then you come back out of your hole and attack us with your warp thoughts. If you don't like Strider knive fine, then don't buy one. Now don't talk while the adults are talking.

You stated, that you don't know a single Operater or Military user.
That's probably the only truth that you have written.

Personally, I hope that Strider continues to make huge profits. When I come back in a year from the ass crack of the planet with my three Strider blades fresh from a year of abuse....I want them to be in business and ready to clean those things up. I mean, hell if a company puts out a quality product with a lifetime guarantee, I'd hope they profit enough to stay in business for the lifetime of that knife.

Jason

P.S. No, Swen, I'm not going overseas to sell bibles, and I'm not sheeple.....I'll let you know how the AR holds up after a year of "operating"

I've paid for all of my Striders but one.(Won that in a photo contest) I'm in the military. Guess you are wrong. Got two buddies that paid for their Striders, too. They are military. Guess you are wrong again. Our Rescue unit purchased Strider's for all the enlisted aircrew. They are military. The government paid a contract for them. Guess that makes three strikes. You're out!

"I don't know a single operator or Military user, that wasn't given a Strider free, who actually uses one."

I bought both my GB and EB-LT and have taken them through some of the worst conditions imaginable and they've survived. That includes almost seven months in the kabahls on the Iraqi-Kuwaiti border in the winter and a few other places in the region. Sand gets in everything, and I mean everything. Plus, come February the rains come in and it literally will rain mud with the sandstorms. They've been in an arctic blizzard at -42 when trying to keep anything with metal from fatiguing is tough, and they didn't fail. They've been through countless monsoons where everything metal rusts, and only needed some oil.

In your original post, you replied that the adhesive cracks in salt water. I'm not on a SCUBA team, and can't speak intelligently to that effect. From my experience though, they stood up. However, even if they wouldn't have I know Mick would've replaced them. If you're even in the military, you'll know we prize integrity over everything else. Putting your name on a product and standing behind it is integrity.

I see more people carrying blades other than Striders, that's true. Let me ask you this though, why do most units hate going to the range and qualifying? Because we know that most of this Nintendo generation hasn't handled a weapon before getting into the military and have trouble shooting the broad side of a barn. We want our soldiers to shoot expert. Same is true with blades. Most soldiers are content buying the $50 Gerber Gator, Spyderco, or whatever is available at their local PX or MCSS along with ther multi-tool. Those of us who've been around the block a time or two realize quality is more important than price. Strider blades are expensive, but well worth it. Think about it, there's a reason why USASOC units get the complete SOPMOD II gear while the line infantry only gets select portions of the original SOPMOD kit. Same is true with blades. Professionals are willing to pay more because they will trust their life to it.

If you don't like them, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. That's what those of us in the military are defending. However, if you don't like them, stop returning to this forum to stir the fire up. Buy something else. I'm sure Mick and Duane won't mind. In fact, I'm sure they'd encourage it. You've stated your opinion. Now move out and draw fire.

Well GS,
Did you ever stop to think that when you come to a forum, call the members all sorts of lame crap and then hide behind your monitor and giggle that people might get pi$$ed at ya?
I have only bought one Strider so far, a GB. It has been about a year since I bought it. I use it daily in the machine shop I work in. I use it at home and in the woods when I am out and about. It has worked flawlessly. No signs of failure. I have seen the green 3M goo. So what? I wash the thing out with solvents at work. I lube it with whatever oil is handy. Never a problem. If there is one Mick and crew will stand behind it for as long as it exists. What is the problem? I see none?
Now as far as this lemming crap goes. I buy all sorts of tools and knives. I do not need some coffe nosed, maloderous sack of parrot droppings telling me I am a lemming because I own something he doesn't approve of. I have not been in the military since the mid 70's. I still like rugged tools. I own more khukuris then most sane people just for that reason. Rugged and the man I buy them from stands behind them in the same honorable fashion that Mick and crew stand behind their products. Again who gives a crap what a **** thinks? One of the few things about the internet I dislike is the ability of some wimpy bozo to hide in his room and say stuff while hidden away that would get his ticket punched in person. Guttless loser. I hate them. Rant Off, back to lurk mode..................

Why this is simply so TROLLISH:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The BALLSACK refuses to cite and state his CREDENTIALS in order to give substance to his claim.

Any TROLL can post negative comments, especially a WANNABE who shall NEVERBE.

The issue here is much more than a knife. It is clearly that Mick and Duane are accomplished heroes, accomplished knife-makers and accomplished gentlemen.

Swenson on the other hand has produced nothing that proves he has ACCOMPLISHED anything beyond a Master's degree in TROLLING.

Life must truly SUCK to be you SWENSON, and at what point do you realize that NO ONE gives much of a phuck about you beyond the shear enjoyment we get by sh*tting on idiot moron BALLSACKS.

Like Mr. Mick said, YOU ARE PATHETIC:p :p :barf:

Well, I've got 5 1/2 years active duty and another 4 1/2 years in the Guard and I bought my Striders. I wonder how many times he has to be proven wrong before he goes away.

GSWEN is the REAL DEAL. That's why he is going to get into Mick's face at BLADE and say all this:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup, a BALLSACK:p :p

Originally posted by GSwen
I don't know a single operator or Military user, that wasn't given a Strider free, who actually uses one!

I just think you sheeple who buy these things need to wake up the proof is there.

Now you do know a few.

I am enlisted and I paid cash for all of my Striders. I am not a collector, so I own only 2 such blades. I am a user of my blades…nothing sits on a shelf in my house. Further, I for one would be happy to meet you so that you can finally meet someone who owns a Strider. The next time you’re in Minneapolis, MN or Iowa City, IA let me know… Of course, when we do meet, I'd also be much obliged to use my strider to chop the **** out of whatever pansy-ass folder or fixed blade you are probably carrying at the time...

Wake up!

Just because the average FNG walks around with a CRKT clipped to his skivvies doesn’t mean that those who have actually been in long enough to use their knives haven't figured out that having a Strider knife means that you carry a blade that will NEVER fail. I didn't start out spending the money necessary to own Striders. Instead, I worked up to it, doing so out of necessity, while having to ****-can many sub-par knives along the way. Oh well, I am sure that all the chairborne rangers you talk to know more about knives than everyone here...

GSwen,

Mr. Chips my 2 year French Poodle always says....

If you don't like it.... Lump it !

Chauncey

HELLO? EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME? G10 design weak? ROTFLMAO

So, how many SnG's have you examined?

Mine are, umm, un f-ing believably strong.

No flex, no bend.

when you talk out your butt, it smells

"when you talk out your butt, it smells":D

Note to everyone:
Even if the g10 completely delaminated, you would still have a normal knife. The screws would hold it all together.

m

Back