• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Gaston Inspired Hunter **SOLD**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is this hunter inspired by the work of Ron Gaston. This is my first knife using 26C3 steel......Alpha Knife Supply asked me to try out this steel and shipped me a free billet to try. I like it! The blade was triple normalized, austenitized at 1475, and double tempered at 450 to Rc 61-62. The profile is wide on this knife but at .125" thick stock, distal taper, and tapered tang, it carries lightly. The blade was hand-rubbed to 1200 grit, etched, and polished to reveal a vivid hamon. The sambar stag matches on both sides quite nicely.

I hope you like it! The first "I'll take it," PM, or email gets it. $425 delivered CONUS. Paypal preferred to tsteingass@yahoo.com. Thanks for viewing and all comments are appreciated.

TK

.125" 26C3 Stock
HT to Rc 61-62
8 1/4" OAL
4 1/8" BL - flat ground
Vivid hamon
Stainless bolsters/pins
Sambar stag scales
Red liners on tapered tang
Thumb serrations on spine
RH vertical sheath

stag-gaston.jpg

Last edited:
That new steel sure does get a nice hamon to it, great looking knife and sheath.

Back