1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Gayle Bradley 2 or Griptilian 20CV?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Gaspumps, Dec 27, 2015.

1. JDunn709

JDunn709

Jan 7, 2009
    Bradley!!!

2. Velitrius

Velitrius Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Griptilian!!!

3. foofie

foofie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Full disclosure - my GB2 is out for delivery as I type this... :D
    That said, one other option is a ritter mini or ritter grip, with m390. Add custom scales from Deathofallthings or keyman, and you end up at about the same price as the production g10 grip- with customized scales (color, texture, material etc).

One of my personal favorite is my mini ritter with polished canvas micarta scales - something not yet offered from the factory. If you love the gray/blue g10, please feel free to disregard this post.

4. fetzer85

fetzer85

Oct 17, 2012
    I received my GB2 today. I like it better than the GB1!

Sure the liners are thinner but they're still plenty thick and the knife now weighs less. My action is every bit as smooth as the GB1. I think the blade shape looks better and I like the feel of the handle better on this one.

Frankly, if you liked the GB1 (or think the changes to the GB2 might be what you're looking for) you owe it to yourself to try it out. There are people saying they don't like it as much as the first, they like it more...who can you believe?!

That's right, only yourself. [emoji6]

5. exmaxima

exmaxima

Jan 30, 2006
    Put custom G10 scales (such as Allen Putmans) on your BM550 and you will like it better than your PM2. Awesome lock and much better balance. Feels like a >$500 custom knife

Here's a review:

http://www.thetruthaboutknives.com/...for-bencmhade-griptilian-and-mini-griptilian/

6. BellaBlades

BellaBlades

Jul 12, 2013
    Grip all day.
    Much tougher. And the GB is a pain to open and close left handed. I hang out with left handers alot.