Gayle Bradley One + Spyderco Ultra Fine Rod = Oh ‘ell YAH !

I guess it is a blessing and a curse that we are all different.

The ergs is why I bought mine, that and the M4.
Not too tall at index finger and thumb grip
Wide there cross wise.
The rear of handle near pinky etc IS tall so steering of the blade happens there.
No finger "guard" in handle to get in the day of carving type grip
No hook on the rear of the handle to interfere with multiple grips (think kitchen prep knife work).

Might be worth comparing it to a utility knife / kitchen paring knife / box knife (just the handle not the blade).
As you know it isn't a tactical handle. Just my view.

Good news is you can sell it here and get something you will really like.

jfindon,

It would be instructive and interesting to see examples of handles that really fit your hand super comfortably. Any chance of a side by side photo or two ?

I hate spydercos in general, but the GB1 is one of my favorite folders. Within $100 you would be very hard pressed to find better f&f, ergos, materials. I would almost venture to say it's impossible within $100.

Is it possible to get a Gb1 for a hundred dollars? I got mine when they first came out for about one twenty.

Yes it is, but you misunderstand what I what I said. I'm saying within $100 of what you can purchase one for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Great post, Andy. That's a profound difference in those two blades based on your real experience. I appreciate you taking to time to post your observation.

I didn't think it was possible to get my carry Bradley (I have two) sharper . . . a few strokes . . . and the knife is so sharp now that I treat it a little more gingerly. Like it could cut me from a distance :)"

Congradulations to him he is getting it "SHARP" . . . that's when the hair jumps off your arm when they see the edge coming.

Thanks for that heads up. I hadn't seen that thread, way before my time here.
Long thread !
Thanks.

PS: GB 1 . . . zero regrets.

My GB 1 is a very impressive knife. I agree with the member who has referred to his GB 1 as comparable to his CRK.
I haven t been able to use mine in this area due to corrosion problems in the salt air. But I still keep it oiled and stored.

Back