GEC 85's - Lets See Em'

I totally missed Mike's 2018 SFO's - those Red Jigged Bones sure look nice! :thumbsup: But I was able to put a Banana in my pocket. :D The 2016 run was way easier and I was able to land the Smooth Autumn Gold. Aah...the good ol' days!

eP8h7kr.jpg

H9DAVpH.jpg

A search for a 2011 Forum knife (85) drew me to the porch a few years back. I have yet to find one available at a reasonable price but that's OK. I'm just as happy with either one of these two. :)

2011 Burnt Stag with Pen Secondary Blade 1 of 28
J6PECV8.jpg

2016 Bloodwood with Coping Secondary (M. Latham SFO) 1 of 41
iLmvvRU.jpg

The stag has been carried quite a bit while the bloodwood has remain the safe-queen backup.
Great knife the 85! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Very nice. :cool::thumbsup:
I prefer the #85s without an EZ Open Notch.
Thanks John. There was a time awhile back EZ Open Notches were being added to nearly everything. I have no use for them myself but I can see how someone might like 'em. :)
As long as I'm sounding curmudgeonly I should mention I don't much care for match strike pulls either... I do like bloodwood. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

JohnDF JohnDF I have a tiger maple and the red jigged EO from Mikes last drop but I find myself carrying this one instead of those. I love the way the wood scales have darkened with my use AND occasional coatings of mineral oil to keep the wood from drying out.

Heres a pic from 2 yrs ago when it was still kinda new
kYQ7wiK.jpg

Here's an 'intact' 85 and BB associate. I too prefer knives without EO notches (mutilation ;)) but it's because they don't feel good in hand, I nearly lost the tip of my ring finger decades back & the deep scar still feels unpleasant against those notches when handling..:(

UifIde6.jpg

great thread, 85 is one of my favorites, I'll post some of mine after I go back and hit like to the pics already posted

20210530_103523.jpg
I only have one, but having seen them posted before I knew it was a pattern I'd like. I also really wanted a crown lifter version so with this recent release I was excited, however I pretty much knew I wouldn't have a chance for one. But I posted in the WTB section and actually got a couple different offers from great members here. I passed on a great acrylic one in favor of the micarta, this quickly became my "it" knife. I knew from pics I'd like the pattern but once in hand I fell in love with it šŸ¤ šŸ‘

Last edited:
Back