• Folks, you need to make sure your profile email address is kept current. If you do not have a paid subscription, and get locked out of your account because you no longer have access to your listed email address? There is nothing we can do for you.

This is especially important now that we've instituted password compromise security - if your password is compromised elsewhere, you will be sent a verification email on your next login. If you don't have access to that email? Your account gets locked.

Help us help you, PLEASE.

GEC #86 2021: Angus Jack, 2AB, Spring Street Barlow (BF Knife)

Viper84

Gold Member
Are the 86's similar in size to a 15? Does anyone have comparison pics?

Pàdruig

Live and Let Die
Platinum Member
Are the 86's similar in size to a 15? Does anyone have comparison pics?

Apologies for the poor picture. Indoor lighting is very poor. Should give you an idea at least - there is a significant size difference.

Mafvx4y.jpg

Viper84

Gold Member
Apologies for the poor picture. Indoor lighting is very poor. Should give you an idea at least - there is a significant size difference.

Mafvx4y.jpg

Which is which? Is the 86 larger or smaller than the 15?

Will Power

Gold Member
And, small amounts of size make a great difference with Traditionals...this 2 blade Angus Jack will be a heavy knife, looks good BAREHEAD and I think the Medium Rare/ Well Done is an amusing poke at those potential and ill-informed moaners when they don't get a Jet Black one :rolleyes:

Handsome knife but too bulky for my taste, plus using the secondary when the master's closed may not be comfortable. Expect it to be a strong seller with a big following.

Ian80

Gold Member
I’m going to have to try to get one of these. What a cool piece! The etching is really neat.

AnW

Gold Member
Looks awesome - love the blade choices, the shield, and the covers! One of these coupled with the forum barlow would be a great way to end my knife year.

Just thinking out loud - since Charlie indicated the forum knife would be available around November and these are starting to ship next week, they're either making a boatload of them or there will be more varieties to come.

Viper84

Gold Member
And, small amounts of size make a great difference with Traditionals...this 2 blade Angus Jack will be a heavy knife, looks good BAREHEAD and I think the Medium Rare/ Well Done is an amusing poke at those potential and ill-informed moaners when they don't get a Jet Black one :rolleyes:

Handsome knife but too bulky for my taste, plus using the secondary when the master's closed may not be comfortable. Expect it to be a strong seller with a big following.

I guess I'm weird and prefer a brown one. I assume it will darken over time anyway.

Sacto

Gold Member
Basic Member
These look really nice. I love a sheepsfoot and a barehead and the shield is nice, too. I don’t think I’ll get one though, as it’s similar to the forum knife I already have. Also similar (though much nicer) than my hayn helper. I like the name, too. Looks like another winner👍