GEC made Schrade Fire & Ice Trapper

I couldn't agree with you more Roland, those flush and square joint are a very nice touch. This knife has grown on me more and more since I snagged it up.

Sent ya an email.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger, and now have a small version in brown bone on its way. I'm pretty excited to finally get my hands one one of these, as I've heard nothing but good things about them. Thanks for the input guys.

I really like mine but haven't used them to often. I will say the pull on the larger is tight but open and close them a couple of times(ie 200+) and they smooth out and are great.
449f5cb9.jpg

There are almost none for sale now on the big auction site. Used to see quite a few at $50 each. There are 3 now, $200 each.
Wait, in a couple of years; they'll cycle around again for more reasonable prices.
roland

I looked at all the great photos of this knife and decided I "Needed" one too. Just arrived from CKNet, in Oklahoma, and I am happy I did order it. Spey blade is a bear to open but I think will smooth out. Mine is serial Nr: 126. It will fit in well with my other "Mountain Man" type folders. John

Work the actions and they will be buttery smooth.

I can open the small with any nail on the hand, including the pinky. I would probably put the pulls at about a 5 for the spey and 6 for the clip now. The spey was a bit tougher when new, and I worked it a bit more.

I wish I had the money to buy up a ton and save them as gifts for grandkids etc. I bought large and small for me, and a small for each of my two boys. I own 3 other Northfields, and these are every bit as good!

The only thing that would make them better would be long pulls, or match strike long pulls!

Hey Bigfattyt, that's an impressive post !
roland

They needed a good stropping right then. It would have been a much smoother shave if I had brought my strop, but they got the job done, with no shaving cream either!

Back