GEC Your Best of The BIG BOYS!

Wow, these are great. Bound to be a great thread. So, have a couple dozen in the size, but looks like only one from GEC. So my American Jack is my only GEC that just barely breaks the size mins.

2rhwt55.jpg

Last edited:
The #42 is one of my favorite patterns and this one here is my pick of the litter. One of my few users that I keep the patina off. For now....
image_zpsjbw5oql4.jpeg

Big boys.... have a #23, couple #42's, couple Northwoods Madison barlows, a #36 Sunfish, and the #65 Ben Hogan. I like the big ones.

Here's a few biguns. Not 98 status but big nonetheless! 23 beavertail, 23 in red stag, 42 in antique green jigged bone.

Some closeups of the stag.

Come on Fellas! We can't be done yet... Show me more of the same, These are and were the workhorses of pocket knives way before "Knife Collecting" even was a hobby. Did you know that that the first Book related to pocket knife collecting came out in 1958? Need more 42,54,73, and maybe a new a favorite 98. And what happened to the 23 the beast in its design...

Last edited:
Here's a few from my collection. There's more that I don't have pictures of at the moment too. :eek: I broke the rules on a couple of the pictures and included a few smaller knives.

Bozack, Now that is a camp knife! I am snagging one today I hope... Draggat, that is a fine collection, Have always had a soft spot for the acrylics. Some beauties indeed

Bozack, Now that is a camp knife! I am snagging one today I hope... Draggat, that is a fine collection, Have always had a soft spot for the acrylics. Some beauties indeed

Thanks! While I love the acrylics, I'm starting to move towards jig bone these days.

When I was posting the pics, for some reason I was thinking that #89 was under the big boy length status, but sure enough, it measures 4". Just shows you how big the #36 is!

I was digging through dealer inventory last night and spotted a copy of Bozack's camp knife. The last one at a dealer I believe. If you're after that one, message me and I'll tell you where. * Nevermind..... It's the cattle knife. It was late and I wasn't really looking for that one. Oh well. Good luck!

Some really nice knives in this thread. For some reason I've avoided the #23 and now I don't know why I passed em up. Looks like I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on one of them! :eek:

Some really nice knives in this thread. For some reason I've avoided the #23 and now I don't know why I passed em up. Looks like I'm gonna have to pull the trigger on one of them! :eek:[/QUOTE]

I also don't own a 23 but I did stare at a great looking one in primitive bone for weeks without ever grabbing it. I feel pretty at home with a 73, 54 or 98 so I'm not sure why I never picked one up. Great looking knives across the board everyone!

Last edited:
Back