Gen 2 Chopweiler?

The INFI Ratweiler looks awesome, congrats all around!

Now that that's out of the way, where the heck is the Gen 2 Chopweiler??? :eek::eek::eek::D:thumbsup:

Was curious if it'd drop in part 1, but it never did. I'd even love to see it offered in SR-101 1st.

Thoughts about where the Gen 1 stands up against other 7-8" Bussekin blades? User pics? What would you like to see in an updated Chopweiler, can it be improved?

The old specs look pretty awesome, I'm thinking maybe add some curves to the scales and call it good. I have a BG Hell Razor and a B8LE, but may still add another blade or two in this size. TGLB seems like a must at some point, I keep thinking about the SHE2 as well (love the ergos on my BME2,) but I think old Choppy is the one I lust after most.

Man in 7-8" swamp rats there is some of the best ever knife designs Ever made imo
uiliCQq.jpg
slx66xS.jpg

Nice gents, great pics!

I know this is the wrong forum for this thread to get a lot of hits, but I felt like it belongs to the Swamp. :thumbsup:

Good to see other folks are calling for a Chopweiler in the Busse sub. Only a matter of time methinks....

YES! But in a few months, please. Need to save up after my wallet imploded with the INFI Ratweiler release lol!

YES! But in a few months, please. Need to save up after my wallet imploded with the INFI Ratweiler release lol!

I hear ya. Jerry has got me on 2 of the 3 so far in part two. If he throws a chopweiler out there I'll be in again, but am going to have to let something go to get it done lol.

Would LOVE to see a gen. 2 Choppy!!! :eek: :cool: :thumbsup: Differences I'd like to see would be INFI, the newer contoured handles like the gen. 2 Ratweiler, and a slightly higher primary grind. Must be at least 0.25" like the original!

I could go for that higher primary :thumbsup: Especially if they stick with 1/4, and you're right, it works for the chopweiler.

I would be on a Choppy like a cop on donuts ....errrrr...wait......well....yeah.

Same here, O2W 3 deep & I'm at 2 purchases... hopefully a few months before Choppy V2 is offered, because I won't be able to refuse one...

I can certainly wait a few more months, but so far the only thing I've bought during pt. 2 is a Scrapmax off the exchange. It weren't easy, but I'm trying to keep my powder dry for the new Chopweiler and probably a few others up Jerry's sleeve that are going to blow everyone's minds...

Definitely agree that a .25" minimum sounds like a must for this blade based on all that I've read. I think there's still one up for sale on the Exchange right now, but the price is too high for me with all the new releases droping.

Last edited:
With the success of the release of the Infi Ratweiler, what are the odds of a 2nd release after the 1st orders are filled?
Have they ever done anything like that before?
How did the Ratmandu get it's start?

I don't think I've seen them offer a second release of an exact pattern that quick. The RMD, not sure about its release, but it was one of the blades that drew me here.

Andy, me too. Well, er, I'm going to have to find something of value to sell........ :D

My choppy is such a good cutter for .25 inch thick. Infact it's probably the best 1/4 inch thick knife I have that's not convexed for cutting and chopping. The factory grind on mine is sooo perfect.

Back