1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 16 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Buck Custom Shop 119 Special lasermarked with the BladeForums logo!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Buck Custom Shop 119, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Apil 20; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Gen 2 Chopweiler?

Discussion in 'Swamp Rat Knives' started by inkynate, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    This would break my (self imposed) buying drought !!!!! No question !

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd need one, no question. And then I'd need a spare......and then a backup for my spare......... :D

3. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Yep.....I ascribe to your logic as well...and I would need one in case elof_alv lost one of his and wanted to buy my "spare" as a replacement "spare" .....

4. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    The thought of losing a chopweiler just gave me a tick in my left eye. Maybe I should buy a fourth.....as an emotional support blade.... ;)

5. Andy the Aussie

Jan 29, 2010
    Better than an emotional support Peacock .......about as easy to get on a plane with as well.

6. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    The world has gone mad I tells ya.....

7. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    ......the perfect time to offer the gen 2 choppy!!!

8. elof_alv

elof_alv Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I think that Gen2 Choppy would be the one that'd make Trumby get a new knife...

9. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Andy, I like your thinking!
    Can you please start buying spares for that particular reason from now on? Thank you mate! ;):D

Hard Knocks likes this.
  10. inkynate

inkynate Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2010
    My money's ready for this one whenever the time comes!

Hard Knocks likes this.
  11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Reason enough for a run right there!! ^ :thumbsup:

12. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    2018 has been pretty rough for all the RAT, DOG, and Battle Grade lovers out there like me. IIRC, the most recent new blades in all of those categories were sold in 2017.

The Forsaken Steel Heart is a sweet looking blade and tempting, but mainly it just reminds me of what I really want, an updated CHOPWEILER!

Glad to see all the HOGs getting their fill of INFI bacon with comp finish, Nuked options, CBTs, etc, but I hope we see some blue collar options again sometime soon.

These comments probably won't amount to more than a fart in the wind, but there you go. :D

13. elof_alv

Mar 13, 2009
    Wonder how many farts in the wind it’ll take to cause a noticeable ‘distraction’...

Uncle Timbo likes this.
  14. argyle1812

argyle1812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 6, 2016
    More Battle Grade always good imo

15. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I'd really like to try that new handle on the Forsaken Steel Heart, but I already KNOW the chopweiler handle is a winner!

Uncle Timbo and inkynate like this.
  16. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    That new handle is tempting, I'd like to hold one and compare it to the Ergo 2 handle, which is my current favorite from the Busse line.

I have a BG FBM and the regular fusion handles feel a bit too chunky to me. Been debating whether to hand sand them myself or just move on from the model since I increasingly feel like my core user line-up set is without it.

Hard Knocks and argyle1812 like this.
  17. inkynate

Sep 4, 2010
    Well, to start, we should probably take our flatulence over to the Busse sub... :confused: :D

18. Uncle Timbo

Uncle Timbo Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 2005
    Be careful about causing a big stink. :)