Gerber Lst

I cartainly appreciate hearing that I am not the only fan of the LST. This is just one of those unglamorous knives that fly below the radar of serious knife people and I have to assume that it's because no $16.00 knife can be that good. As fishtale pointed out the lock is rock solid, I don't have a knife that locks up any tighter than this one and I have yet to experience any vertical or horizontal movement in mine after much use.

Viva le LST! The very poor man's Sebenza.

Good post, jvan! I remember that the steel used on my LST's were really sharp! I hope Gerber does a reintroduction of this classic little folder.

Jvan---Good to hear, er, see you back! I don't know if Gerber will bring back the LST. I will call them but I believe that anyone who wants the LST back, should also contact Gerber and tell them that. Let's try it. BRING BACK THE LST!!!

The LST is still in production, or do you want a new type of LST? I guess I'm confused on what they would bring back.

The Original LST was Micarta and it Rocked. That's what we're working on, the Original.

Tell them 1,000. You'd sell that many. Thanks for asking Gerber!! Will you ask them again? please.

Yeah, I just hope Gerber doesn't muck it up, use a crappy steel or cheapo heat treat, edge geometry, etc. There are reasons Gerber lost respect here.

My LST from around 1990 has a black blade and a red zytel handle. Very good knife. My Fallkniven U2 realy has the same features but is a little nicer. The micarta LST is still one of my dream knifes. Wonder how much it would cost with 440c and maroon or green canvas micarta.

Bosse

Mine got crappy heat treat and the edge powdered off..
Wasn't the highlight of the LST the zytel?

GB---I "think" the first LST's were Micarta. Then came the Zytel. Don't quote me.

had the 1990s lst,,,was a great edc blade ,,had the satin blade version,,i think the cutleryshoppe still has them for sale ,,might pick 2 up today ,,were great little blades,,

I love my Gator clip point. I paid $25 for it a year ago and it came with a seperate saw and gut hook. Shaved hair right out of the box, great comfortable handle and keeps an edge reasonably well. I down't own an LST but I assume it posesses similar qualities.

I'll even take a few different colored (maroon is nice!) sprint runs of zytel...ATS34 blade steel wouldn't be bad either.

I have a collection of LST's from the early micarta handle models to the zytels in every color under the sun. I even have a one of a kind model that Gerber made for the largest knife store in the US at the time. I always have an Orange zytel handle model in my camping gear.

I have been collecting and using Gerber knives for over 35 years. Mark II's, Mark I's And some other combat type models/ Divers knives, Silver Knights and Paul knives. I like a few of the other newer models but have not really seen any Gerber's that interest me in quite a few years.

Back