1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ka-Bar Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday July 27!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Get Ready Gang! . .. This Might Prove To Be Both Fast And Furious!!!

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Jerry Busse, Jul 9, 2019.

1. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    I think the DC would be nice with the black RES C . The $100 will be a great help . Good going on answering the question my mind always goes blank:confused:. Thankfully it's not for me just got my second last grail now I just need the CS to reopen to get my last one.:rolleyes:

Ironkid883 likes this.
  2. Ironkid883

Ironkid883 Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Well i just saw a regulator on ack and was chompin at the bit over it but something in the back of my.mind said no and im glad i held off my.birthdays next month and waterman chris has an awesome blade held for me a tan res c black coated bb13.so im happy out .the new regulator doesnt go with my set ideas but hey after winning the 100 off ive no excuse either big dc or coated for me .green .black or sage .if i get.coated tax wont b too bad

WatermanChris and David Lennon like this.
  3. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Naked INFI looks great with black Res C. Just sayin’.

4. David Lennon

David Lennon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2017
    Totally agree I love my Comp finish DS8

5. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    I thought that as well, as I hit the post button I had a vision of Jerry replying "This IS the HOG version" :D:D:D:D:D

WatermanChris and Ironkid883 like this.
  6. WatermanChris

WatermanChris Gold Member Platinum Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2018
    I'm definitely getting a BIG DC for a user but I will probably order one of each - coated, DC, and Satin. If I've got the cash when the ding comes around, I'll pay for them all. If not, I will at least get one or two.

David Lennon and Ironkid883 like this.
  7. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    Ya i think im sold on the dc personally may aswell with the discounts.
    The regulator had become a bit of an obsession .now i get a bigger version whats not too like .

David Lennon likes this.
  8. DamascusBowie

DamascusBowie Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 20, 2016
    My first busse kin was a regulator, I still remember being in awe of how solid a slab it was, and how well it chopped. Its just hard to go coated when satin is not much more.

9. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I keep going back and forth on this one. I got excited about the prospect of a 9.5” Regulator, then when I saw it, I was like “that’s not Bowie, it’s another Busse medium-sized chopper. What’s that going to do that my B11 and MMD won’t do better?”

I don’t know.

10. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    I think the handle and the thickness are going to create an awesome chopper!

JACKMANDU and MacLaren1 like this.
  11. Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    Yeah, the handle will give a bit more versatility than than the Basic handle. I’d still like to see the Regulator handle combined with something like the Rucki blade.

Ironkid883 likes this.
  12. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Got er' done!:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

Hard Knocks likes this.
  13. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    The Scrap -a- Rucki would be the Ultimate pig sticker
    I would buy multiples...

Ironkid883 likes this.
  14. Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    13” blade, about 1.25” at its widest, and full flat ground out of 0.285” stock, with a convex edge. I’d buy her.

blackhat and MattinLA like this.
  15. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    It has to maintain the EVIL point and profile of the Rodent Rucki

16. Brummie

Jan 13, 2007
    The point is the point.

MattinLA and JACKMANDU like this.
  17. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    Yes. I will take one!

18. WatermanChris

Aug 30, 2018
    In for a DC and a Satin. Might order one more for good measure. I wish Resi C was an option on every Busse

19. Private Klink

Private Klink Gold Member Gold Member

May 30, 2017
    Res-C and Infi is a GREAT combo!;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

WatermanChris and Stump Buster like this.
  20. Ironkid883

Jun 29, 2018
    In for the big dc finish .and any clip point blade could be described as a bowie same as a seax there are several variations on it inncluding regional styles .
    I like the regulator .
    As mentioned aboves we need a res c sword next maybe a poll is in order 3 answers amd if u have a better idea put it in the comments?