Gettin' Jiggy With It - Jigged Bone Photos

Case is able to do some nice random looking jigging when they want to, but it seems that alot of GEC's jigging looks like it's a repetitive machine made pattern.

You are right, Case is capable of fantastic jigged bone, they just don't use it very often, I wonder if it is too time consuming to produce regularly.

These vault release barlows from 2019 had great jigging.

IMG_0397.jpegIMG_0401.jpeg

6gIdmjn.jpg

Winterbottom is one of Queen's finest- and they did a lot of grand stuff before the collapse years. I have the same No.2 Jack and it was sold to me as Delrin but it has pores just like the bone on your one. Do you know when your knife was made?

Thanks, Will
My best guess is 1984-1990. I can't vouch for the veracity of my Queen tang stamp chart, and dating Queens has always seemed a little nebulous to me.
#2 winterbpttom bone tangstamp.JPGqueen tang stamp chart partial 1.jpg

I have a jigged delrin S&M copperhead that I've gone back and forth about whether it was bone or delrin. Its really good looking delrin. The Winterbottom, otoh, has always seemed readily apparent to me. The bone has a depth that the delrin lacks. Bone #2, delrin #56, bone #26 (the elusive Dan Burke I was mistaken about a few posts up)

2 56 26 1.JPG

mbkr mbkr Thank you Mike, agree that dating Queen knives is far more challenging than say CASE. But like in many manufacturing companies if there's a shortage of something or material left over it will be changed/substituted accordingly, So a small or unofficial batch of items can get released- hence the sometime confusion over delrin/bone.

Recall a vintage car forum where two posters (pedantic idiots...) were bickering bitterly about a car that had left the production line in a colour or trim that was 'impossible' for that model year....:rolleyes:

I have some Queen Winterbottom knives I'll try to dig out in the morning, GEC's Cougar Claw comes close.

Back