GiantMouse GM6 Integral from China

I managed to snag both a GM6 and a GMP6. Figured I'd see which one I like more, and sell the other one. The GM6 didn't sell out, though, So if that's the one I feel like selling, I may wind up taking a hit on it. You win some, you lose some.

I originally noted the knife was from China to juxtapose that Ti wasn’t being made in Italy. I was happy Reate was making it!

I never intended this thread to be a rehash all the arguments against China made knives.

I successfully avoided this one, but I’m curious what y’all who got it think about the GM6.

Mine should be here on Tuesday according to the tracking info, but I've got my fingers crossed for Monday since I'm just up in Oregon and they ship out of SF. Once I get it I'll post up some pictures and impressions.

Mine should be here on Tuesday according to the tracking info, but I've got my fingers crossed for Monday since I'm just up in Oregon and they ship out of SF. Once I get it I'll post up some pictures and impressions.

I'm in SF and my tracking also says Tuesday. There's no good reason why I shouldn't have mine delivered by drone today.

I love these designers. Just wish we'd see an Ace model with at least 4.5" of handle. Most everything thing so far is a little cramped for my paw. Small knives have their place, just not in my pocket.

Last edited:
I originally noted the knife was from China to juxtapose that Ti wasn’t being made in Italy. I was happy Reate was making it!

I never intended this thread to be a rehash all the arguments against China made knives.

I successfully avoided this one, but I’m curious what y’all who got it think about the GM6.
Please define "successfully avoided". You make it sound as though someone dared you to buy it, and with your whit and skill, you were able to defeat the dare without penalty, as if anyone on this thread gave a rat's hind end as to whether you bought the frickin' thing or not.

There are lots of other knife makers out there with bigger handles, smaller handles, bigger blades, smaller blades, sharp blades, dull blades, centered bladed, off center blades, etc. to suit every taste out there.

tg0064t399c41.jpg

9CFUPq8h.jpg

VdfpTyah.jpg

Last edited:
I’m also eager to know how it is. Live in the Netherlands somI have to wait a little longer for mine to arrive.

Despite previously owning all of the series, this was my first Pirate edition... It's a real stunner in person, and the distressed PVD looks great. The clip is held in by a little set screw on the end of the handle, and I think this is the great design. It's similar to the 0562, DPX, Lionsteel, etc, but classier with the clip inserted into the handle rather than exposed. Build quality is great IMO, and the blade shape looks very useful. It's a slightly butt heavy for my tastes, but not terribly so.

However, I'm a little underwhelmed, probably because of the size. This one is moving on and GM5 will remain my only GM for now.

eFjYPEh.png

Good review and I think if it was a just a bit bigger it would have been a more popular knife. Although I’m sure they still sold them all.

In other news, the BRS Eon is an integral with a 3.5” blade. Just saying.

Good review and I think if it was a just a bit bigger it would have been a more popular knife. Although I’m sure they still sold them all.

In other news, the BRS Eon is an integral with a 3.5” blade. Just saying.

That Evolve looks pretty interesting, especially the specs: M390, 3.6" Blade, bearings and steel lockbar insert

2 days ago I received my GM6. And I have to say I am intrigued how it looks and feels. The construction is very solid and you can see and feel that there was a lot of thought behind the design. For example how they fixed the stop pin in the integral frame. They used the bronze overtravel stop for the frame lock and fixating the stop pin in the frame. It is functional and it looks good. The hardened steel insert is mounted on the outside of the frame which you don’t see that often.
The ergos for my medium sized hands are great. I like small-ish knives and this is spot on.
blade shape is a straight back with a saber grind which is pretty thin behind the edge. The Getting to the blade.
The blade has a nice sharpening choil which makes sharpening easy. The blade flies out of the frame with a nicely rounded of flipper tab with a little bit of jimping on it. The ceramic detent ball and ball bearings make this knife an awesome flipper with very smooth open and closing. The detent pressure is spot on!
Coming to the handle and pocket clip.
The clip is thin and wide which makes it very easy to get it in and out of the pocket. The handles are a little curved and all the machining is very crisp. I can’t find any blemishes whatsoever.
The only thing I did is regrinding the edge. It was very stout with a angle of 22 dps. I put a 17 dps .5 micron edge on it with the Wicked Edge which makes it cutting much better!
I really like it and I hope you liked my little review.
Her are some pictures

ErFXy35.jpg

uvp0IRE.jpg

Czu0QoS.jpg
N5KKDmC.jpg

1RCERRy.jpg

kF15GPM.jpg

raQPs6K.jpg

Back