Giganto, the Real King Kong. Search for America's Great Ape.

Anyone watching this, or saw it, besides me?
I caught the majority of the documentary the other morning late/early but I dozed off through part of it.
Pretty interesting all in all and what tickles me is that although Sasquatch is mentioned once Bigfoot isn't mentioned at all.:rolleyes: ;)

And it's not just a search for America's great ape but a worldwide search.
Here the program still has ten minutes to run so don't know yet if this is the documentary where the Yeti or Abominable Snowman is also mentioned.
On this or another program there was a Yeti scalp featured as well as part of a hand, fossilized or otherwise preserved.

Where there's a lot of smoke there is usually also fire and so I tend to belive there is something in the north woods and the mountains not only here but in other parts of the world.

Anyone else besides me believe in America's great ape or Sasquatch and/or the Himalayan Yeti? :D

What about the reported dinosaur like creature living in Africa?
Does anyone think a species like this could remain undiscovered this long? :)

I saw one a few years ago witht he Yeti scalp. The only thign was it proved to actually be from a local type of weird looking mountain goat.

I just think it is all legend. People have been searching for hundreds of years and no real proof has been found. One crappy quality video that was most likely a hoax is the best proof they have so far.

Anyone else besides me believe in America's great ape or Sasquatch and/or the Himalayan Yeti?

Yvsa, my friend, My nephew lives in Ok. He is a Lt now, policeman type. He has been called out many times on reports. He did veiw a video of a tape at the fast food store on the Indian res..............it showed a bigfoot ducking under a street light walking to a dumpster. It was estimated over 10 ft tall. He asked for the tape. The elders said no, they destroyed the tape. They said Indians know they exist. The white man is not ready to accept the knowledge. I can speak of my personal experience but I'm not comfortable talking.;)

I'll have to come down on the 'no' side, but I'm not 100 percent no. There's enough possibility that twere I out in the deep Northwest Timber alone I'd be....concerned.

What's the best khuk to use against Big Foot? Same as Zombies?
munk

I saw a show a while back that showed a lot of reports in I believe your neck of the woods, OK, and seemed like right at the border at Arkansas Yvsa. I remember one area they looked at was the Kiamichi Mountains. I thought it was interesting and did a lot of research on the net because it was so close but I don't really remember what I found. They did have some Native Americans go with the group tracking and supposedly saw one on the far mountain but I never could make it out. I guess that was really Bigfoot or Sasquatch. I think that it's possible and I've heard a lot of reports in Arkansas, especially when I lived down south but it seems unlikely that no one has ever shot one.

Speaking as an Anthropologist, the question is not really "does bigfoot exist?"\It is "Does bigfoot still exist?"
The gigantopithecus did roam China thusands of years ago, but we have little proof that he is still around.
Of course, the area he is said to roam is basically unpopulated, so anything is possible.

Remember this: It is the job of the scientist to observe and measure, not to prejudge and make proclamations.

The hardest part to the whole issue are those who read, and talk, and discuss, and those who "do" go into areas very remote and have experiences and don't say much.

:eek:

sams said:
The hardest part to the whole issue are those who read, and talk, and discuss, and those who "do" go into areas very remote and have experiences and don't say much.

:eek:

That's what impressed me most with this new documentary.
There are very credible people coming forth and speaking but with no concrete proof as yet.

I have also known some folks who have had first hand experiences in the northern woods that have told them to me.

And the account of one of the men in this new doc was pretty interesting. He said that some bacon had melted into the fabric of his tent and that he was sort of expecting a bear to come and investigate.
He became aware of something outside his tent and then what appeared to be a nose pressed its way into the fabric. He then proceeded to whack it with the back of his hand. A few minutes later something else poked its way into the fabric and he hit it again with the back of his hand and said it was like hitting a knee cap as it was hard.
By this time he had his high powered revolver out and then whatever it was walked past his tent and was highlighted. It was walking upright and the hand that was in silouhete was three times bigger than his own.
That woke him up and he crawled out of his tent and built a fire.
He started dozing off and heard something hit the ground in front of him.
It was a pine cone and then he knew for sure it wasn't a bear.
Whatever it was kept throwing pine cones at him for the next 45 minutes to an hour. He could also hear its breathing.

Me? I'd probably laid curled up in my tent in a fetal position after I had soiled myself in every way a man could and quivered.:rolleyes: ;) :D

I saw that program. If something like that would have come by my tent I'm afraid I would have had "puddin" in my pants as well and all that that creature would have seen is a guy with dirty britches doin a pretty good Dukes of Hazzard imitation by gettin the heck out of there.:)

John

Me? I'd probably laid curled up in my tent in a fetal position after I had soiled myself in every way a man could and quivered.

.............:D .....................................

I did unzip my Ithaca model 37 from the gun case in the tent. My wife grabbed my ankles and sobbed like a baby not to go out..................she was beyond terrified! I was just curious. :rolleyes:

In my neck of the woods (costal British Columbia) I dont doubt that at some point in the last 500 years somthing big and apelike existed, it wouldnt surprise me to find that somthing still does. Lots of fairly geographicaly settled native groups have stories involving something that sounds like that, there are places named with the local name for this creature. This name has made the tranistion into the local english slang(Skukum I have been told means big and hairy in one salish dialect). My native realtives are from the praries so I canot claim much intimate knowlege of local beliefs. Well I would not stake my life on it I have to agree with Yvsa that somthing Sasquach like exists on the pacific south coast (just north of the pacific northwest for any americans reading this)

I think they're out there,but I think most likely to be in the north-west,Origon;Washington state are both HEAVLY wooded so-yea something big could hide there.

Yvsa said:
Anyone else besides me believe in America's great ape or Sasquatch and/or the Himalayan Yeti? :D

What about the reported dinosaur like creature living in Africa?
Does anyone think a species like this could remain undiscovered this long? :)

Are you refering to the Mokele Mbembe in africa? I'm certain enough that it exists, that myself and a friend of mine are actually planning an expidition to Lake Tele in the Congo just to see if we can see it.

As far as the Sasquatch/Yeti, I think I might want to believe so badly that I actually do. Like you said, theres too much going on up there for there not to be something.

I don't know. There could be something out there, but I don't know. One of my fathers friends said that he hit bigfoot in Rocks State Park in MD back in the late 70's, early 80's. He said that whatever he had hit looked like it was the size of a cow, and that some of the creatures hide was left on his car. He had it analyzed, and it wasn't a cow, it wasn't anything known to man at that time. I remember that he took my high school science class on a field trip (he's a scientist, very big in getting the enviromentally concious word out there), and we were in a PA state park, and suddenly, he told us that ancient American Indian tales speak of bigfoot in the area. He didn't tell us about the accident, but he did tell my father, and he did write about it for the local paper, the Aegis. He goes around to speak at Bigfoot conventions, I wanted to talk to him about it, he just smiled, I think he thought I was making fun of him. He did talk about it to my sisters class while they were out on a field trip to the same area.

Supposedly, bigfoot lurks in the area where I live, but I think it's just a shaggy hillbilly running around, probably scaring the locals, high off the Delta PA chronic.

Just because we're big & hairy doesn't mean we don't appreciate the finer things in life. you upstart sapiens think you know everything. us neanderthals just wanna have fun!
Neanderthal.jpg

y'all ain't all that 'sapiens' either, a shave & a hot wax & we are hiding in amoungst y'all & you never even suspect. no wonder you can't find us.

I've seen too many things I can't explain not to belive other strange beings are out there.

James

I've seen a lot of weird things out in the woods but I've never seen Bigfoot, nor any sign of Bigfoot.

Occasionally the question gets raised at the bar or the campfire: "If you saw Bigfoot, would you shoot him?" A few years ago I would have. Today, I don't know. Probably not.

I didn't see him down by the Little Quilcene River today, but I'm still looking. Found one hell of a campsite though.

CRYPTOZOOLOGY is the scientific study of hidden animals. Here's a pretty detailed website on the Sasquatsch, Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization.

I never met one. I don't know. I am sure there is a chance for these and other cryptids to be real animals. There are still deep, dark woods out there, and we do come across formerly hidden animals and plants all the time.

if Sasquatsch is an ape, he could be smart enough to make a point of keeping out of sight. Chimps and gorillas themselves were unknown to the West until relatively recent times. As King Kong shows, we still aren't generally familiar with them, or people would not accept such a fantasy so readily.

My favorite cryptozoological nightmare: the Mongolian Death Worm.

http://www.parascope.com/en/cryptozoo/predators06.htm

It looks like a blood-filled cow's intestine, spits deadly venom that can corrode metal, electrocutes victims at a distance, and is generally considered to be very bad tempered.

I don't know if these are real or not (and I'm not sure that I want them to be) but you've got to admit, that's pretty cool.

I didn't see him down by the Little Quilcene River today, but I'm still looking. Found one hell of a campsite though.

Tell us about the campsite...filled with bone shards and torn fabric? Spanish helmets? Leg bones of monstrous proportion?

Back