GIVEAWAY: What have you given back to BF?

Count me in! Thanks for the giveaway.

I did a giveaway here a little while back with a pair of Kershaw Leeks (original thread). I try to be helpful when people are here seeking info as well, from info about some knives to side-by-side comparison pics.

Um... I gave away 3 knives at work to guys that needed them. One was a special one that I inherited from my dad. The guy that got it doesn't know that (I didn't want it to be a weird situation) but he's just a good man, and has helped me a lot.

Incidentally the knife was an old Gerber. :)

Thanks for the chance! I'm in.

Not an entry just a congrats and thank you for hostin' a contest, as far as what I've given back to BF?

As much as I can, this community has been a source of great pleasure for over 12 years, I try to be as informative and interestin' as possible with my posts I've met and made many friends here and hope continue to do so for a long time.

Good luck to all you guys who enter.

Wish I could enter, but as of now I haven't really given back aside from giving input where I could. :D Thanks for being so generous, though, and good luck to the winner!

I'm in
Contribution to blade forums:
I'm starting to participate in passarounds to get information and reviews out there, as well as contributing into whatever thread I can find that I have relevant knowledge in.

Contribution to knife community:
I've been spreading good websites to all my friends (IE: Knifethursday, cutleryshoppe, and bladehq.)
I gave away two knives last year on my youtube channel, the giveaways were for people who couldn't afford knives.
I sharpen knives for everyone I meet who needs it, including last week I sharpened an SG2 kershaw blur for my self defense teacher for the police academy

Last edited:
I've only been on here for a month now, so I haven't gifted anything so far. I have given my useful opinions and knowledge. :D Does that count?

Awesome giveaway Dorito Monk! I recently gifted a CRKT BULL folder to a forum member who was in need of a solid knife. I haven't done a GAW yet, however, will do one soon.

I have tried my best (honestly! :D) to give sound advice based on my experience to members that have asked for help in my time here on BF, and have upgraded my membership to Platinum baby! I offer free sharpening to all family and friends with no expectations of getting anything in return; however, have received great praise and a few goodies. :thumbup:

Plus, I try being super nice to everyone in general, as well as saved a lost puppy once.

Czech

Last edited:
Thanks I am in! I have contributed to BF by having a paid membership. I originally did it for business purposes but ended up falling through! It still went to a great community though :)

I've hosted 2 giveaways, one for a flashlight, and another for 2 titanium lowrider clips. Thanks for the chance!

Cool knife. Old Gerbers are pretty dang nice. It's a shame they became what they are today.

Some of the stuff I've done is...

-Given away a Benchmade mini Griptilliam
-given a mod my Kabar mini dozier in pink (It was for his daughter)
-Sharpened a couple knives for my buddies
-given my buddy my Lansky and a Kershaw Scallion for his mom

Good luck to everyone in the GAW!

I'm a sucker for a giveaway.

I've been around a long time, and though I've given much to the knife community, I've received so much more, in return. This place is filled with generous people, who will share their knowledge and knives freely.

LOVE THIS PLACE! :D

the way i contribute is to always go to blade forums first if i want to buy i knife... i like to support the sellers on blade forums.
Im in

Okay, time to wrap this up!

Using the magic of Random.org, the lucky number is #28.

Congrats to Maddogg774! I'll shoot you an email about the mailing address.

To everyone else, thanks for participating, and thanks for all the contributions you folks have made. :thumbup:

Back