1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Giving Thanks GAW - GEC #13 American Whittler

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by pmek5, Nov 22, 2017.

1. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Winner is Post #9 - cbr1000

GAW - I am very thankful for the many blessings in my life, and all the great people here in the Traditional Forum. To show my thankfulness I want to offer up this amazing split-back whittler from GEC & Roy Humenick. Anyone who has a GEC Split-back whittler will understand how well GEC executes these patterns. So please read the rules below, and I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family & friends.

GAW is for a BNIT GEC #133317 American Whittler

Here are the simple rules:

1. Please participate only if you are a regular here in Traditional's (75 or more posts).
    2. Please post one thing you are thankful for. That's it, and your in. (First spot burned gets a second entry).
    3. Don't participate if you plan on flipping the knife if you win. Use it, and or gift to someone who's never had a GEC Traditional.
    4. I will let this run till the end of the month, and then draw a number from a random generator.

Thanks for participating!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  2. traumkommode

traumkommode Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I'm thankful for guys who do giveaways on the traditional forum, and I'm thankful for cool pocket knives. Not an entry. Cool knife!

Edit - what the heck. You want to give away a knife. I don't have a whittler. I'll play, let's make this an entry.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    pmek5 and Cutfinger like this.
  3. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    Very generous give-away and a fine knife!! Thanks for your contribution to "the porch".

Not an entry.

pmek5 likes this.
  4. gusnuts

gusnuts Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 7, 2015
    I'm thankful for the many great people that I have in my life. Thanks for the chance and Happy Thanksgiving!

pmek5 likes this.
  5. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Wow!! Three "not an entries" (almost) in a row!! I already have one, and can vouch for it being a beautiful knife!!
    Good luck! Someone is going to get a great prize!!
    Nice going Tim!!!:thumbsup:

pmek5 and traumkommode like this.
  6. abbydaddy

abbydaddy Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 14, 2014
    I am thankful for so many things in my life, but chief among those things is my children. I am very grateful for my children, and their health.

Another thing I am thankful for is the good luck I have had in GAWs on this forum. So much good fortune that I really shouldn't enter in this GAW, but I WANTSES THAT KNIFE! It is just too pretty to pass up the chance. And since everyone else is doing the not an entry thing, someone has to enter!

I do hope that someone who has had less luck gets to win this knife, but I sure wouldn't shed a tear if it came to me.

pmek5 and Titan like this.
  7. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Anodizing and Embellishment Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
    I'm thankful that there's a place like this for us all to support each other in our addiction ;).

I'll enter because, while I'm normally not a Congress kind of guy...I love Whittlers!

Thanks for the chance,
    ~Chip

pmek5 likes this.
  8. JD Bear

JD Bear Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 4, 2015
    That's a very generous prize. Good work by you. I'm in for a chance. My wife and kids are what I'm most thankful for. Without them I'm nothing...

pmek5 likes this.
  9. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    I'm in, thank you for the chance.

I'm very thankful my son is mostly doing well after a tough year of health problems.

Vaporstang, pmek5 and Cutfinger like this.
  10. neal70

neal70 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I’m in, and I am thankful for my wonderful little boy(and his mother of course!). He makes each day new, as I try to see thru his eyes. Thanks for the chance!
    Thanks, Neal

11. Titan

Titan

Jan 21, 1999
    Thanks for the generosity, Tim! I'm thankful for BladeForums for the space it provides for kindred spirit in the knife world.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!

12. Ramrodmb

Ramrodmb Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I am in, if you will have me.
    I am very thankful to have the most awesome wife, ever! She has blessed me with two wonderful boys, and continues to amaze me, daily.
    Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

13. The Fort

The Fort Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I'm thankful for my family and friends. I'm in! Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

14. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I am thankful, first off, for the life that the Lord has blessed me with, for the life he has given, wife he has given and children he has given me.

Secondly, I’m thankful for my hibbies and the ability to do them, And the friend I’ve made doing them, including knives and here.

Thirdly, I’m thankful for the opportunity you’ve given all of us on this amazing giveaway!

pmek5, T. Erdelyi and Cutfinger like this.
  15. Emspop

Emspop

Oct 12, 2016
    Not an entry but thank you so very much for your generosity.

Clay

pmek5 likes this.
  16. Captvideo

Captvideo Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2014
    Thank you for the outstanding GAW. What a beautiful knife!

I am especially thankful this year for returning good health and spirit.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

pmek5 and Emspop like this.
  17. solphilos

solphilos Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I'm thankful for the chance to play and I'll refrain from entry since I've already received two generous acts in the past few months. I'd feel guilty if I won that beauty :D

Good luck guys!

pmek5 likes this.
  18. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    I am in and thankfull that having had open heart surgery to do a quad bypass in May and having 2 of them fail that on this past Monday Nov.20 my Cardiologist was able to open and Stent those bypasses.
    I was able to go to work today and had no angina. I am hugely thankfull to have a 2nd chance at living life!
    Thank you for the chance to own that beautiful knife.

pmek5, T. Erdelyi and Cutfinger like this.
  19. Dschal

Dschal Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I'm in. Thank you for this very generous GAW! I'm thankful to be over some medical problems this year, and to have wonderful family and friends.

20. GasMan1

GasMan1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 27, 2015
    I have been blessed with so much more than I deserve. And I now appreciate little things that I used to take for granted when I was younger.
    Not an Entry but what an awesome Gaw thanks for your generosity. :thumbsup:

pmek5 likes this.