1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  3. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

Gladius Short Sword , one price drop .

Discussion in 'For Sale: Fixed Blades' started by ONeill, Jun 18, 2017.

1. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    IMG_4461.JPG IMG_4470.JPG IMG_4473.JPG IMG_4475.JPG IMG_4478.JPG IMG_4483.JPG IMG_4485.JPG IMG_4486.JPG Hello all , I finished this project up yesterday hope you all like it .
    The handle is 3/8" Black Linen Micarta routered out to fit over the hidden tang . The tang is 1/2" wide and 4-1/4" in on the 5 " handle for strength . It is screwed with S.S. screws and JB weld attached .

The Guard is a unique 2 piece guard of A-2 tool steel also screwed and JB weld attached . Both handle and guard have a fine beadblasted finish

Blade is A-2 tool steel with a fine scotch bright belt finish . Heat treated by Paul Farner at Paul Bos heat treat to a Rockwell hardness 61-62 .

There are some blemishes in the fuller that I was unable to get sanded clean and smooth .
    Sheath is 8 oz . belt carry .Black easel stand is also included .

O.A.L is 19 " , tip to guard is 13" , blade is 12-1/4" and 1-3/4" wide . Guard is 2-7/8" wide

Asking $ 635.00 now $595.00 which includes shipping , Insurance , and fees in the USA . Pay-pal or Postal M/O , certified bank check please . My PP is [email protected]

comments always welcome .

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    tgtodd, AVigil, Allen207 and 2 others like this.
  2. Alamor

Alamor Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 24, 2015
    Looking at that almost makes me wanna fight a lion...ALMOST! Very nice!!

3. Carl Colson

Carl Colson KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 4, 2016
    Well Done Jack,Beautiful lines,and thats one Mean looking Sword,Awesome job !!!!

4. ONeill

ONeill KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 15, 2007
    Thank you guys , it was an interesting project . I am very pleased with the outcome .

5. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Excellent work Jack. I'll bet it cuts as cleanly as mine.

6. AVigil

AVigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Damn! is what I said when I saw this:rolleyes:
    Love the sandwich guard, love the style, love how aggressive it looks.

That is a lot of blade for that price, it is a real deal.

7. ONeill

Nov 15, 2007
    Hello all , this video , if this works , is the swords big brother in action . 1st disclaimers to follow .

1st Disclaimer , the person in this video is a trained professional and you should not try this at home on your own ,:rolleyes::)
    2Nd Disclaimer , past performance does not necessarily guarantee future returns . :cool:

Ok , hope you enjoy .

8. ONeill

Nov 15, 2007
    I need to add a special thank you to Mecha , one of our members here , A Ti sword maker for helping with the video that Mr Jack Hammer recorded and tested the piece he ordered from me .

Thank you Jack and Mecha .

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  9. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I'd like to add that no animals were harmed during the making of that video, although I did barbecue some chicken later that day.

10. ONeill

Nov 15, 2007
    Hello , still looking for a new home . E-mail me with interest and questions at [email protected] .

11. InsuranceGuy

InsuranceGuy

Jul 12, 2006
    Wow. That sword is stunning.

12. ONeill

Nov 15, 2007
    Thank you sir .